'Overburn' warning/error message?

VenusAndMars

Hello,

I am just learning to use ImgBurn to make audio CD's and as always with ImgBurn it's a painless experience; smooth sailing.

I just wonder wether I get a warning if I attempt to fit more audio files onto a CD than it can hold at undiminished quality?

I haven't been able to provoke such a warning even when purposely adding more files than I think will fit just to see where the limit is.

Thank you.

Attempting to overburn doesn't do anything to the files, so their quality doesn't change.

Thanks for the reply. That's great news. There are 106 files of approximately 5MB each that make up this audiobook and they were ripped from a whopping eight CD's in the original issue.

If the quality is undiminished as you say that means I can fit them all onto one CD and so save the expense of seven empty CD's now that I'm about to make a copy of the book.

I'll tell you, ImgBurn just gets better and better!

I'm guessing the original CDs were playable in a standard Audio CD player... if you've 'ripped' the discs (to mp3 files or whatever), that's not going to still be the case and that's why you can now fit 8 discs worth on 1 disc.

Thank you for the reply. They are indeed 'ripped' .cda files but as I don't know wether the CD player of the recipient of the copy can read .mp3 files I have to assume that it can't and so are obliged to burn them as standard CD's.

Again thanks for the help. Btw, ImgBurn is such a boon and one of the very first programs I reinstall after a crash - nice work!

You'll have to burn them back onto 8 CDs then.

CDA files don't actually exist, they're Microsoft's way of making a pointer to to the raw CDDA sectors on the disc. Just drag+dropping them in Explorer won't do anything.

ImgBurn can't magically make 8 Audio CDs fit into 1 - unless only 1/8th of the space is used on each original disc (highly unlikely!)

You'll have to burn them back onto 8 CDs then.

CDA files don't actually exist, they're Microsoft's way of making a pointer to to the raw CDDA sectors on the disc. Just drag+dropping them in Explorer won't do anything.

ImgBurn can't magically make 8 Audio CDs fit into 1 - unless only 1/8th of the space is used on each original disc (highly unlikely!)

"ImgBurn can't magically make 8 Audio CDs fit into 1" Say WHAT? I want my money back then! But thanks for the CD info and, as I said, here's one (more) happy ImgBurn user. :)

Edited by VenusAndMars

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.