try to burn xbox 360 games

ken_

Hi All

I am a new imgburn user and also new to this forum.

I've been trying to burn xbox 360 games I downloaded onto a dvd without success.

I've also been reading in this forum (support forum), can't seems to find the problem similar to mine...here it is.

I've downloaded a xbox 360 game from demonoid, in it, is a bunch of rar files, after I uncompressed them, I see some folders, audio, video, save data, etc...an xpg file of the title of the game, and another rar file of the title of the game, file size is about 8.5gb

when I run imgburn, I select the mode to "write", "tool, setting, write" to optimal, when I browse to select the image file, I select the xpg file and ready to burn. I notice the source file size shows 8.7 gb, the dvd+r capacity is 8.5 gb. when I click "write image to disc", an error pop up said to "truncate burn" (burn till end of disc) or "overburn" ( burn till end of file).

I've try both and neither one works (I put the dvd in my xbox 360 and the game didn't work, btw, I have a mod xbox360)

when I click on "truncate burn", the writing process goes to the end and an message pops up "operation complete"

when I click on "overburn", few more messages pop up after that and at the end, my log shows operation fail.

Am i missing something?? can anyone shed some light on this subject?...please...

this is what I have/using

a mod xbox360 and runs on other downloaded games...on dvd

I use verbatim dvd+r 2.4x 8.5 gb capacity.

imgburn version 2.5.6.0

good morning Lightning

thanks for getting back to me, I did read your other thread about the xbox360 games.

is there a reason why the source files size is 8.7 gb? is there a way to work around that, make it smaller so it will fit on the dvd ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.