Does 2.5.7.0 close the tray on exit?

Sizzlechest

I have been running IMGBurn via the command-line in a 2 year old script that I use to automate the burning of discs. Here's the command I use:

MODE WRITE /SRC filename.iso /DEST F: /COPIES 1 /VERIFY YES /SPEED AUTO /TESTMODE NO /DELETEIMAGE NO /EJECT NO /WAITFORMEDIA /START /CLOSE /NOSAVESETTINGS

Notice that I do not tell IMGBurn to eject the disc. I eject the disc myself through another command after IMGBurn is complete. (I did this to ensure the script would work if I ever had to switch to another burning program that dodn't support ejecting the tray on completion.) Ever since upgrading to 2.5.7.0, I noticed that sometimes the drive ejects, but then the tray closes soon after. The only thing that has changed recently is IMGBurn. Has the behavior of IMGBurn changed? Does it attempt to close the drive tray when it gets shutdown?

This doesn't happen consistently. I suspect there may be a timing issue where perhaps under some conditions, the command to close the tray is happening after the command to open the tray, although I honestly can't see how that could be happening since IMGBurn should be closed by then.

I'm assuming the response is that nothing changed in the way discs are handled or how they're verified. But like I mentioned, this is a new bug on an old script.

No, that's expected. This is occuring at the end of the verify when the program closes itself. The drive tray ejects, which isn't being done by IMGBurn, so IMGBurn must have exited at that point. Sometimes, the drive tray then closes. There's nothing out of ordinary in the IMGBurn log.

I have some more information that might be relevant...

I found this thread here talking about differences in the bootcode of a Sony Optiarc AD-5260S sold retail vs. the firmware found in a Primera duplicator, which is what I'm using.

http://club.myce.com/f86/ad-5260s-bootcode-mismatch-322268/

Someome made a comment that the Primera firmware contained "extended tray eject capabilities." This is the first I've ever heard of it. Does this sound familiar to you?

Are you actually using a Primera autoloader/publisher or just the firmware from their website in a normal drive?

The program always unloads from autoloader devices - regardless of program settings.

I don't know what these 'extended tray eject capabilities' could/would be for normal (non autoloader) drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.