Verify Fail

SillySimon

Hi, I'm totally new to burning xbox games, so answer me in basic terms please. So I burn games with 50-60% success rate atm, with IHAS124 B, the other 40-50% fail to verify! I'm burning at 2.4x, am I likely to get a higher success rate if I burn slower/faster? All the settings are on default, are there any setting I could change, that could give me more success? The only thing I found which COULD help, was disabling OPC before write. Could that help? And if it could, how do I do that, as I can't find it anywhere? Thanks :)

Thanks for the reply. I had already read this, I think it basically says there's no point in changing the settings, or at least it's hit and miss, is that right? I'm sooo new at this. Also, what speed would you recommend? Is the speed also hit and miss?

It's all hit and miss.

I doubt you'll get anywhere with anything beyond 4x.

Take a look at my settings / results here - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=18871&&do=findComment&comment=136519

I did 12 discs from the same spindle with various settings until I found some that seemed to work reliably.

Hi, when I burn xbox games, when I verify, it gets stuck so often at 49%.

I'm guessing it's something to do with when it changes layer, as it's around the 50% mark. Any idea as to why, or more importantly, how to rectify this issue?

It says it's an I/O error, but also says SK interpretation: medium error, and also says ASC/ASCQ interpretation: L-EC uncorrectable error.

I tried to uploading a screenshot, but file was too big. Weird. I hope I've given enough info for somebody to be able to help me.

I've read loads of I/O error posts on these forums, but nothing helps me, probably because I need to be told in real basic terms lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.