A few quick questions about new Imgburn version.

godbeer

Hi everyone,

I installed the new version of Imgburn About a week ago and have only burned a few discs (all single layer from .iso files) since I've been pretty busy lately. They all seem to have burned fine. I haven't watched them all the way through yet, but they verify fine and show no errors when run through Nero CD/DVD and DvdInfoPro, and I flipped through the chapters and Fast Forwarded thourgh a few of them and they seem to have burned with no problems.

I left all the settings at default, as I did with the previous version. However, this version has a lot more settings and I'm wondering there is anything I should change before I really start burning a lot of discs. Specifically DVD+R DL discs - I haven't burned one of these with the newest version yet - do I burn these with the default settings just as before? (With the old version I would just load the image, change the book type for my LG drive and burn - no problems at all)

I haven't tried to burn VIDEO_TS images yet - I've always used Nero for that. But I will Probably try Imgburn for some dual layer discs I have that were ripped in file mode using the guide available on this site.

Basically, I'm just wondering if there are any settings in the new version I should be concerned with or change before I start mass burning, or if I should just leave everything at the default settings as before.

Thanks for any help,

Roy

The stuff you knew in the old version is still there (almost exactly the same) in this newer one. As such, you have nothing to worry about.

Just remember to switch to 'Write' mode when you need to burn ISO images, and 'Build' mode when you need to burn a bunch of files.

There are guides in the 'Guides' forum that will tell you (complete with nice screenshots!) exactly how to make image/burn on-the-fly using the new 'Build' mode.

If you've ever burnt a disc from files on your hdd (not images), you should recognise most of the options that ImgBurn offers you.

The default settings tend to work best, that's why they're default. If you have a question about any one of them specifically, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to try and burn all the DL images clogging my drives this weekend, and since I don't have time to watch them all to check for errors, I'll rest a lot easier since I can't afford a stack of Expensive DL discs that will be useless because of some option I forgot to set.

Most especially, thanks for this fantastic program, I couldn't live without it. I've always wondered why the best programs are always free, and what motivates someone to create them, take the time to make them better and better and then give them away for free. Out of all the programs out there the free ones are usually the ones that are worth paying for.

I, for one, am very grateful for your work, I can't thank you enough,

Roy

Edit: I just noticed the donate button on the IMGBURN main page. I'm disabled and on a fixed income, but I'll be donating after the first of the month - I can't spare much, maybe $20 or a little more, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Edited by godbeer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.