ISO9660, Joliet Or UDF

Kevro869

I have successfully burned a backup of music files to a Verbatim BD-R. The backup is fine in both computers with Blu-ray drives but my stand alone Blu-ray player just says "check disc." The backup was created using ISO9660+Joliet, which has always worked great for data dvds. Should I use UDF for Blu-ray data discs? The stand alone player works fine with data dvds containing mp3s and wav files. I burned a movie with UDF 2.50 and it works fine. I only have a few BD-Rs to work with so I can't afford any coasters... TIA

Your attachment didn't seem to work but I found the manual of the LG BD 610 player and looked at the 'playable discs' page (page 6). It does seem to suggest that ISO9660, Joliet and UDF should all work.

That doesn't account for bugs in the player's firmware though :) I assume you've checked yours is up to date?

Players firmware is up to date. I received a couple BR-RE-DLs ($15 apiece!) in the mail today. I burnt a data disc using the UDF 2.50 (imgburn made me) option and all was well. I guess I'll just stick with that for now until I have time to play around with it. Thanks...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.