Preview folder structure in buildmode

Paddy97

In 90% of the cases when i use Imgburn to build / burn a disc i am very certain how it will look when i am done.

But there are times when i add many directories and files from different places on my discs / network and to be frank i have no idea how it will end up when i am done.

I would therefore really like a "Preview" button to be added in the same way there is a calculate button. A window could open and the directory structure i have just created would be displayed. Allowing me to fix and mistakes on my side. I am aware that LUK has said he is not interested i creating a new Nero and perhaps this is an edge ball this request.

Just think of it as if the little white box is the root folder.

If you drag a file into it, the file will be visible in the root.

If you drag a folder into it, the folder will be visible in the root.

The only time this changes is if you only drag 1 folder and opt for it NOT to be visible in the root, but instead it represents the root.

I honestly can't see myself adding a standalone preview for the directory structure. Following the above info it's pretty simple to work it out.

Thanks for the description of the mindset. It will help me I am sure.

Just to give a little background to why i requested this feature. The problem for me starts when i have added a bunch of directories and files. Does something else for some time. Comes back to ImgBurn to complete my burning and i can't remember if i added files or directories :-)

After sitting here and looking at the build window interface i realise that what would make it alot easier to view is a toggle where you don't display the whole path to the files / directories included but rather just what would be added.

That toggle would allow me to refresh my memory for what i was doing and how it would look when burnt. But i will not hassle you about it since it is mainly my personal problem :blush: and not something many people seem to have.

Hmm that's not so easy as the text in that box is what I used to then know what's being added to the image - so I need full pathnames etc.

If you click the little green arrow you should be able to see a lot more on the screen and you can of course just scroll to the right (so you can see the last folder/file name) to see if you added files or folders.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.