Disc Copy | Backup

GDVX_111

It seems this past thread

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=19839

is locked, but I'm going to have to disagree with post #5 and agree with dellsam34 in post #6:

Most of the time, when I need to quickly copy a disc, I just fire up my old Nero v. 6.6, with its extremely

handy 1-Click Copy function. You may call it "lazy", I call it convenient and expeditious. Risky ? You

know, I've used this a lot over the years, and I can't recall a single failure with it. If they could do this,

I don't see why IB can't or won't. (I have downloaded that unofficial, external, script-type {?} duplication

utility for IB that someone posted here, but have not tried it yet.)

Another related point: I was a longtime user of the predecessor program DVD Decrypter, and used

its Read ISO | Write ISO duo for backups all the time. That procedure has been suggested here, for

making copies. The few times I've tried that with IB, I got some error -- sorry, I did not write it down, but

I'm pretty sure it included the word "unsupported." I can quote it to you exactly when I see it again. Not

sure what's up with that, but when I need to make a copy without mucking about, this just sends me back

to Nero. That could be the only thing I keep Nero around for, but if so it is reason enough.

IB is still my preferred software for nearly everything else, in burning optical media.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.