Simultaneously burn multiple copies

Taliban

But basically the answer is no.

The program would be reading the image file 4 times - hence your hdd would be going mental.

The closest you can get to Nero's way of working is to queue the image 4 times and have each one burn to a different drive.

If you fill the drives with discs you won't have to do anything between burns, it'll just automatically move onto the next one.

That of course will still take 4 times as long as they're not done simultaneously.

But it can set to burn all four queued files at the same time to all four burners?

My system Specs:

Intel P4 3.2 GHZ 800 FSB

200 GB S/ATA HDD

1GB RAM

4 Pioneer Burners

Edit: im in the dvd business and need other software like nero to burn simultaneously.

btw i already know about dvd duplicators.

Edited by Taliban

Like I said, it's not simultaneous, no.

If Nero already does what you want, why don't you stick with it?

Just search google to find any big burning program.

Some that spring to mind are:

DiscJuggler

RecordNow Max

ONES

Alcohol 120%

I've no idea if they all support burning to multiple drives at the same time but I'm sure you can find that out for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
But it can set to burn all four queued files at the same time to all four burners?

My system Specs:

Intel P4 3.2 GHZ 800 FSB

200 GB S/ATA HDD

1GB RAM

4 Pioneer Burners

Edit: im in the dvd business and need other software like nero to burn simultaneously.

btw i already know about dvd duplicators.

Your setup will not work, not even with Nero. First off, you only have a single hdd. Second it's likely that 2 of your Pioneer burners are on the same IDE channel, just that alone will conflict already.

In order to burn 2 simulataneous copies at the same time you will need either 1) RAID0 or 2) Two seperate hdd. There is no way one hdd will support burning for 2 drives without buffer underrun problems, let alone 4.

• 4 weeks later...
Your setup will not work, not even with Nero. First off, you only have a single hdd. Second it's likely that 2 of your Pioneer burners are on the same IDE channel, just that alone will conflict already.

In order to burn 2 simulataneous copies at the same time you will need either 1) RAID0 or 2) Two seperate hdd. There is no way one hdd will support burning for 2 drives without buffer underrun problems, let alone 4.

I found this thread by searching, because I used to burn 2 simultaneous copies with Nero, and myself also wanted to check that if I could replace Nero with ImgBurn to burn simultaneously.

So I think you're definitely not right, because I have a very similar configuration, I have only one HDD, and my two Pioneer burners are on the SAME IDE channel (same cable), one of them is master and the other one is slave. And the simultaneous burning works perfectly with Nero. Two HDD and different IDE channel is not needed! What is needed is that burners should support simultaneous burning, and Pioneers support that.

About ImgBurn, yeah it would be great if ImgBurn could support that!

and how long does it take you to burn using your set up?

It takes such time as it would take with only one burner, maybe a very little bit longer because of some synchronisation by Nero. (I can't tell you exactly, because I burnt in March 2006 last time, and I can't remember exactly.)

I made that configuration because I burn twice everything what I want to archive, and I wanted to decrease the burning time, so that I burn two copy simultaneously, taking only one burning time.

Edited by batagy

Maybe I try this queued burning with ImgBurn with different burners, what LUK mentioned, becaused that doesn't need manually change between the two burnings, so it can be done without intervention, and that's maybe enough for me.

• 1 year later...

Hi there!

I came back with some related question.

I've noticed that queuing is not available in Build Mode.

Is it a good idea to make a physical ISO in Build Mode with ImgBurn to the hard disk, then put that image to the queue to burn to 2 drive automatically?

Thanks!

When I need to make multiple copies at the same time I use Prassi Ones. I works very reliably, but it will only burn as fast as your slowest drive can burn. I've done 4 at a time with all different drives no problem. Everything else I use Imgburn (except audio cds :) )

When I need to make multiple copies at the same time I use Prassi Ones. I works very reliably, but it will only burn as fast as your slowest drive can burn. I've done 4 at a time with all different drives no problem. Everything else I use Imgburn (except audio cds :) )

Prassi/RecordNow Max (as Moondogger & Lightning UK mentioned) work well for simultaneous multiple-drive CD or DVD burns.

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Certainly not soon, if ever.

Hi

I would just like to add my support for burning the same image to multiple drives. I have 4 drives in an external box and do quite often need to burn multiple copies of the same image. Ok sure I can use Nero but it would a useful feature for me (especially since the Imgburn queuing system is already quite sophisticated!!)

Since my external burners are all on separate SATA ports on a Sil3124 PCI-X controller they are definitely not bottlenecked!! Obviously simultaneous queuing of the same image on my HD (which are mainly 2x RAID-0 on a fast Sil3124) would still put a bit of strain on the HD. It is very handy to burn 2x-3x copies of a disc in the same time frame as 1 disc (which Nero has done for many versions now).

Thanks for some great software!!

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.