Leave disc open?

Guest woody

So I want to burn an image to a DVD, but it's just 2 GB, so I was wondering if there's a way to leave the DVD open. Is it possible? Thanks.

Kenadjian or LUK,

What does the Incremetal setting under write actually supposed to do. I noticed searching the forums that it had to do with a problem with a Pioneer drive. From the name it would seem to imply one similar to leaving the disk open and being able to add to it later or am I missing something? Nero had such a feature, but I never could get it to work (with reads) with my Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo, and Nero help was essentially useless. With the price of CDs and DVDs lower these days I decided it wasn't worth the problem. When it worked it was useful.

btw. I've been using the build mde to do backups and it's working like a charm. I haven't used Nero since ImgBurn came out. Again thanks for a great piece of software LUK, and for software that actually works. The only burns. I especially appreciate the img files. Great way to quickly check if the burn went normally. I had a TY02 that slowed to about 4x in the final .7G of the burn. When I went back and scanned the disk there were SUM1 errors in excess of 5. Visual on disk showed a piece of crap that I had missed prior to the burn. Second burn went perfectly.

Thanks again, one really happy user :rolleyes: Looking foware to the next release!!!!

rcubed

Incremental is a different write mode. Most people have heard of SAO / DAO....well incremental is just another one of those. It's nothing to do with being able to add more data to a disc.

Now that Pioneer has fixed the issue with their drive (It couldn't burn dvd-r or something properly using DAO), Incremental is pretty pointless really.

To read up on the differences between SAO/DAO/Incremental etc you're probably best to search Google or read the MMC specs available at www.t10.org

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.