Spacing mp3 files

Regionalto

Is there an automatic way of adding a specified gap, or pause, between mp3 files, other than importing silence tracks from a silent CD, (which is rather cumbersome)?

I want to make long mp3 discs, not "Audio" CD's.

Also, is there a quick way to add ordering numbers (ie. 001, 002 etc.) without doing it one by one?

I have jusst started using ImgBurn and haven't yet explored the possibilities extensively.

(Q .does anyone know where the toilets are?

A. All public toilets have been removed, use your own portable application)

A mp3 disc is just a data disc, and the functions you're looking could be in the player's side. Have you read its manual to check if it can't do those?

If it can't then you'll need to add the silent tracks yourself, or edit the mp3s themselves to add silence at the end of them. As for sorting, the files are sorted alphabetically in the filesystem (this can't be changed due to compatibility) so you'll have to rename the tracks adding 000-filename.mp3/001-filename.mp3/etc yourself so that they play in the order you want (try the Advanced Input mode).

Thanks, I'm using the discs in a Sony car player that has no hunction for adding spaces. Oh well, I can always put in a bit of John Cage in-between tracks.

(note: John Cage composed at least one piece for which the musicians go on stage with their instruments, sit down, and do absolutely nothing for the duration of the "performance". This, of course, is followed by wild applause.)

Does this work with mp3 data discs?

I tried addind tracks from a silent cd, but i only get "non-existent file/folder'!

and each silent track has to be renamed because imgburn will not allow to bypas "it's already there" note.

All i'm interested in is making cds from downloaded mp3's to make long playing music discs, and be able to add spaces of eg 8 sec between them..

So why not add it to mp3 data discs played as a music disc. If you are getting your music from the net , which is what imagine most people do, it comes in mp3 format, for the most part. Why would anyone want to make an audio CD from strictly mp3's. This does not improve quality in any way. And it limits the playing time to 80 or so mminutes. Also why not add the spacing ability to mp3 discs - is this not possible to do?

Audio CDs can be played in any CD player.... MP3 discs can't.

Before now, I've never heard or anyone wanting to do what you want to do and as mmalves said, you can't just insert silence between mp3 tracks. You either have to completely fudge it adding loads of appropriately named files that play digital silence (and that would be hit and miss depending on how your player plays its files - either by file name or ID3 tags etc) or you edit each mp3 file in a sound editing program and add x seconds worth of silence to the end of them.

None of that is something you'd ever catch me doing in ImgBurn. Sorry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.