Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sysedna

ImgBurn Hangs on Analysing Tracks...

Recommended Posts

Hi - making cue/bin for cd using 2.5.7.0 - gets stuck analysing session 1 track 14

 

Here's the log:

 

I 19:46:37 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 19:46:37 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:46:37 Total Physical Memory: 3,056,536 KB - Available: 900,052 KB

I 19:46:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:46:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:46:37 -> Drive 1 - Info: MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ8A2 1.02 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 19:46:37 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 19:47:28 Operation Started!

I 19:47:28 Source Device: [0:1:0] MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ8A2 1.02 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 19:47:28 Source Media Type: CD-ROM

I 19:47:28 Source Media Supported Read Speeds: 6x, 12x, 24x

I 19:47:28 Source Media Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 24x

I 19:47:28 Source Media Sectors: 304,590

I 19:47:28 Source Media Size: 716,395,680 bytes

I 19:47:28 Source Media File System(s): None

I 19:47:28 Read Speed (Data/Audio): 6x / 6x

I 19:47:28 Destination File: E:\MyFiles\Audio\CDImages\Tom Waits\TomWaits_BigTime.bin

I 19:47:28 Destination Free Space: 83,951,587,328 Bytes (81,983,972.00 KB) (80,062.47 MB) (78.19 GB)

I 19:47:28 Destination File System: NTFS

I 19:47:28 File Splitting: Auto

 

Also happens on this disc at session 1 track 5

 

Here's log

 

I 19:32:10 Operation Started!

I 19:32:10 Source Device: [0:1:0] MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ8A2 1.02 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 19:32:10 Source Media Type: CD-ROM

I 19:32:10 Source Media Supported Read Speeds: 6x, 12x, 24x

I 19:32:10 Source Media Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 24x

I 19:32:10 Source Media Sectors: 289,566

I 19:32:10 Source Media Size: 681,059,232 bytes

I 19:32:10 Source Media File System(s): None

I 19:32:10 Read Speed (Data/Audio): 6x / 6x

I 19:32:10 Destination File: E:\MyFiles\Audio\CDImages\Tom Waits\TomWaits_Orphans_Disc1.bin

I 19:32:10 Destination Free Space: 83,951,742,976 Bytes (81,984,124.00 KB) (80,062.62 MB) (78.19 GB)

I 19:32:11 Destination File System: NTFS

I 19:32:11 File Splitting: Auto

 

Attaching jpgs

 

Sorry - is this bug-worthy? Is there any work around? It works with other cds - just not these. Some are not in great shape, but even some of those still work - how much does disc condition affect things?

post-46548-0-25129600-1342000386_thumb.jpg

post-46548-0-39752700-1342000390_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry - forgot to add - the 2nd disc was copied to wav by EAC and did not report at errors - however the 1st disc, while producing a wav via EAC, did report a few errors - barely noticeable while playing the audio - but when I tried to burn the wav file to disc, it hung EAC - and while it looked like it copied all tracks, upon inserting into a drive, it only plays the first 2 and the rest of the disc is blank (although when I load the wav produced by EAC into a player, all the audio is there) - not sure any of that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

making cue/bin for cd using 2.5.7.0 - gets stuck analysing session 1 track 14

 

It's a known bug since at least 2010 - it's been reported a few times - see [1]

 

Since release 2.5.1.0, for some people/machines/drives (but not many) ImgBurn has been unable to read some audio CDs successfully (even if you're just comparing a disc against its image file using 'Verify'). LUK had changed the algorithm by which ImgBurn uses sub-channel data to work out the track structure of the CD (I may not have described that properly), and in some cases the new algorithm gets confused and ImgBurn loops. LUK knows the area of code where the bug must be, but is unable to reproduce the problem on his own kit so as to verify the fix, so despite ongoing attempts to correct the algorithm in successive releases since then, those of us affected are still affected.

 

If it's a real problem for you then you could contemplate downgrading to 2.5.0.0 (or any 2.4.x.y release. as I did for a while), which have the old algorithm.

 

The bug only shows up with some hardware - my Asus DVD-RW drive is affected but the Asus DVD-ROM in the same machine works fine reading the same discs.

 

[1]

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=14515

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=15741

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=15993

 

 

PS: LUK if you're reading: I take it we (well you !) can't just cut'n'paste the old code across from an old release to fix the problem .... nasty crufty code ? ..... incompatible structure ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't really a case of fixing my current code.... it works fine when the drive returns what's asked of it.

 

When I make changes, it's only ever to introduce some sort of work around based on what I've seen in debug logs.

 

The old code was flat out flawed, the new one is much more accurate in determining the track gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't really a case of fixing my current code.... it works fine when the drive returns what's asked of it.

 

Would you say it's likely a problem with the drive's firmware ?

If so, I could entertain myself by hassling Asus to fix the firmware :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know. I was working with dbminter to work around some weird things his drive was reporting for discs and found that where his returned bogus info, mine (exactly the same model of drive) was fine. So just when you think you've found the problem, you find something that makes you think otherwise!

 

I'm sure some of the problems come from the firmware. Others may come from the drive's chipset, IDE/SATA controllers, drivers, 3rd party software running in the background etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.