Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (ASC: 0x44, ASCQ: 0xD9)

Chocka

Sorry to say but I'm oldy (1973) as my PC also (P4P800; 2.4Ghz; 2GB ram) But litghly upgraded with 1st gen OCZ SSD and W7 Ultimate. So far my PC is working very well. But about burning it is problems; problems; problems.

I try to burn the avi files of The Big bang Theory to a DVD. (copy files to DVD as data) My DVD recorder can read those files from a DVD and play them (Hitachi DV-DS251E)

Started with a update from 2.4.2.0 to 2.5.7.0 (no help)

[....]

May I'm to old or my PC? But I don't know what to do else?

Searched the WWW, read a lot, but so far no solution.

May someone can/will help me?

Thx in advance!

Edited by Chocka

Problem solved!

Nice link, but that wasn't the problem at all. My Philips DVD+r(w) aren't the problem and just OK

With kind help from the people of mycom.nl, we dropped down the problem. Windows 7 don't accept IDE (ata) burners. So no matter what software I will use, I will always get an error.

So the only solution to this problem, is to buy a new burner (e.g. LG GH24NS90) which can only be connect with sata, but therefor I should also put in a PCI card to get extra sata ports, because the two on my P4P800 already in use by my SSD and sata HD. Or to decide to look out for a other PC, less older.

Edited by Chocka

Samsung and LG still make IDE burners, so you could get one of them if you want to keep using IDE, which Windows 7 does support.

From your log it seems your burner should be cleaned with a lens cleaning disc, or manually by taking the drive apart, if you're feeling adventurous :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.