burned iso file doesnt play in dvd player?

lilpuppy2

Hi, my family went on vacation recently and I wanted to put together a dvd of the vacation. So i used AVS video editor to create the video and then produced it to a wmv file so that I could make a dvd menu in DVD Styler. From there, you can choose to burn the disk or create an .iso image and I think burning it from there doesn't work or something so I created an iso image and used imgburn to burn it to a DVD+R Verbatim DVD with up to 16x write speed. I think i just clicked burn and then tried to play it once it was done. It works perfectly on my dell computer but in the dvd player it will only let me go through the menu. any actual videos (chapters, main video, extras) that i click play won't play. It just says "The disc cannot be played. Please check the TV system." Does anyone know what I did wrong? I tried stuff like Booktyping but it doesn't let me do that in Imgburn. I can choose the DVD+R but then underneath it says unknown failed! instead of letting me choose DVD-rom. So I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TV system can be a problem of playing when you create (use) a disc in a system and the player doesn't support it.

PAL and NTSC are the TV systems used in different regions of the world.

Recent players can play both systems but unfortunately some older players suppot only the TV system what is used in the region where it was sold.

You need to find what TV system your player support and create the DVD in that system (PAL or NTSC)

PS

How you capture/transfer the video from the camera? What type of camera is ? miniDV, miniDVD, memory card, hard disc? Why are you creating the wmv file in the first place?

ok, well my dvd player is a samsung blu ray player but plays regular dvds too. im pretty sure I made the whole dvd as ntsc because i read that that's what US dvd players play. I transfered all the pictures from SD cards and I created the wmv file because I wanted to make a DVD menu and was limited by the AVS video editor. However, I did burn a dvd by giving up and making a menu on AVS video editor and then creating a dvd file with a video_ts and audio_ts and then using imgburn to burn that. That actually works and plays on my dvd player but it's not what i want exactly which is why i was using DVD styler.

Well its a combination of both the majority is pictures but there are some short videos like rock climbing. Btw I tried burning a DVD straight from DVD styler instead of burning an ISO image and it still says "disc cannot be played etc" so right now it seems the only playable movie is by making the menu on avs video editor. How does DVD flick work? Is it much easier to use with imgburn?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.