booktype with hp cddvdw ts l633n

hpdrive

Hi, i have that cddvd writer from my hp laptop: hp g62. when i want to burn a dvd+r and set booktype to dvd-rom, it says Success! but reading in Current Setting (after selectin Change For=DVD+R) it says: Unknown (No way to query current setting!).

I tried a burned dvd+r before to see that, and it's not working on my bmw navigation drive... it says invalid CD/DVD. And this is because of the booktype i think.

Should I flash drive with samsung's retail driver for that drive? I read a forum which uses it for activating RPC1, but nothing about booktype...

what can i do?

thank you!

Seems my BMW's navigator is an e46, so it uses a different sofware version, and a different map version. That's the way of it's failing. I'm downloading the new softwg are, and in some hours I'll be testing it. Sorry if I converted this post on a different topic of the one should be. But, if it works, then it'll be useful for people who doesn't know that the burner they've supports DVD-ROM booktype.

Be waiting for new answers.

Thank you.

The burn on your Samsung SN-S083N burner was booktyped to DVD-ROM just fine, as it shows at the beginning of the Verify stage.

As for the HP OEM drive (which is Samsung too) it doesn't show the booktype in the log since you didn't verify the disc. You can check manually by inserting the disc with ImgBurn in Read mode ('Create image file from disc') and looking at the media information text under "Physical Format (Last Recorded)".

Use the Change BookType feature to see if your HP OEM drive supports the Samsung booktyping commands: if it does then click the Advanced buttom, select Samsung in the Drive OEM list and add your burner's name to the list, so that ImgBurn automatically sends the booktype commands when burning.

Ah, okay. I was wondering what Advanced was... hahaha.

So, I typed: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S083N SB02 for the next time.

And now in read mode I can see DVD+R with a blank dvd+r inserted. Nothing more the need of using thrid-party software ^^.

I was scared of don't seeing the current setting before burning... now i know there's just an unimplemented query function. But it stablished book-type okay because so many arguments: Success! my maps are ready and updated... :)

Thanks, was a pleasure.

So, I typed: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S083N SB02 for the next time.

If you update the firmware it might disable it self. Best would be to only have this as string

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S083N

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.