UDF Recording Date/Time - Same as creation Date/Time?

fordman

Not sure if this is a bug, or just the way UDF recording is.

I have built several images with ImgBurn's build mode, and was pleased by the date/time stamping functions, to include even stamping the parent and current directory entries (as viewed from a command prompt).

When setting the custom stamp, I set both the "Creation" fields in the "Volume Dates" area, and also the "Use Custom Date & Time" fields in the "Folder/File Dates" area.

While I've found that images built in this manner correctly set the folder file dates and times, I find that when I examine the media with DVDInfo Pro, there is a "UDF Recording Date/Time" field that shows the actual date and time I recorded the image, instead of the custom creation time I set.

Am I missing something - should the "UDF Recording Date/Time" time be the same as the Volume "Creation" date? If not, is there a way to set the "UDF Recording Date/Time" time, or is this out of any recording program's control? Also, if not, where is the custom creation date stored? I think I found both dates in sector 16 of ISOBuster's sector viewer. If it is possible to change the creation date, is it also possible to change the "UDF Recording Date/Time" time which is stored along side the volume creation time? When I examine backups of pressed DVDs, it does seem that the "UDF Recording Date/Time" is set by the authoring program, and not by the actual time the image was burned. So, is it possible for ImgBurn to write the volume creation time into this field (if specified) instead of the current date and time?

As far as I can remember, all dates pass through the same function - and that's the one that uses different dates depending on what you've selected in the options.

Maybe I missed one - it could be a 'text' date or something, which would be different to the others, so that could explain it.

I'll check the specs and see what it says regarding what's supposed to be there (once I find it of course!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.