Newbie help with burning files to DL

Travman

I have an LG dual-layer burner on my PC and a standalone DVD recorder that plays DIVX/XVID in my living room. With my previous burner, I just used Nero to burn the XVID files to my DVD-R media and they work great on my DVD player.

Now that I have a dual-layer drive and decided to try ImgBurn, I'm a little confused:

1) Can I use ImgBurn to write files directly to the media instead of using an "image" or "ISO"? I just want to write the xxxx.avi files to the disc as DVD-Rom I guess, right?

2) How does this work with Dual Layer discs? I was hoping I could fit twice as many AVI files on a DL disc and still have them work on my DVD player. Can I use ImgBurn to do this and since it's not an actual DVD Video image, how does the layer change work and all that?

Thanks!

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum - The Ultimate Burning Forum :D

Yes, you can just write files instead of images. Use build mode and set your device to your LG. See the guides section for help.

You should be able to burn more than 1 avi, but of course, it doesn't obey the DVD-VIDEO rules. So, it might be prudent to have your avis on a separate layer (although I see no real reason why the player wouldn't just go to the next sector (on layer 1) when playing - it's the actual setting of the LB that could be problematic).

Regards

Thanks for the help. I just finished my first DL disc and it works perfectly in my Samsung DVD recorder! It was easier than I thought since I didn't even have to worry about the layers, though I did change the booktype to DVD-Rom (not sure if I needed to do that or not?).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.