BR LG BH10LS38_L101 - Retry failed - Reason: Invalid Address for Write

laurik

Hi guys,

in last period that LG BH10LS38 Burner make failed many LTH VErbatim BR-D.

I updated FW at 1.01, reduced speed from 4 to 2. Sometomies go ok, other do such error.

It appear randomly, at begin, half and even at end :(

This Burner is quite new, i guess didnt do more than 40 burns. But only last period have this problem...

What can be?

I tried another simple free burner, and seems ok. But i prefer much more the amazing Imgburm

v33pr4.jpg

o9p8o0.jpg

Many thanls

Laurik

Edited by laurik

Your drive is erroring out during the burn and reporting a 'Write Error' - so it's having trouble burning to the discs you're using.

LTH media might be cheaper than the HTL stuff but it also fails more frequently.

Formatting the disc with spare areas enabled will enable the drives 'hardware defect management' and may help get you a decent burn (it should remap any bad sectors to another 'reserved' area on the disc). It will slow the write speed down a bit (due to the automatic write verification) and mean you have slightly less available space on the disc though.

Using the Incremental write type instead of DAO/SAO may also make a difference - sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.

Your drive is erroring out during the burn and reporting a 'Write Error' - so it's having trouble burning to the discs you're using.

LTH media might be cheaper than the HTL stuff but it also fails more frequently.

Formatting the disc with spare areas enabled will enable the drives 'hardware defect management' and may help get you a decent burn (it should remap any bad sectors to another 'reserved' area on the disc). It will slow the write speed down a bit (due to the automatic write verification) and mean you have slightly less available space on the disc though.

Using the Incremental write type instead of DAO/SAO may also make a difference - sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

now i have those settings

29xtchc.jpg

I need uncheck the "Prefer format Without space areas"? Now as u see is checked

many thanks

Laurik

Edited by laurik

Yes, you'd have to uncheck that box and then do a full erase on your BD-R discs.

After that you'll be able to burn to it as you normally would - but again, it'll have less free space and should take longer to burn.

No problem for less space and less spedd

But i dont undersatnd the "..do a full erase on your BD-R discs"... U mean as format? How do it?

Many thanks for yr patiance

Edited by laurik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.