ImgBurn 2.5.7 - Kaspersky Danger Rating 100

Jessica

Long time user of this software, but first time using ImgBurn 2.5.7, just got this warning from Kaspersky:

post-48113-0-33769300-1352232792_thumb.jpg

post-48113-0-85619900-1352232793_thumb.jpg

I should mention that I have just installed lots of other software, VLC, Handbrake, etc, without any problems.

I did not get any UAC prompt for ImgBurn, just the above warning from Kaspersky.

Admin, I chose to cancel the install, feel free to email me for more info. I'll try to look back here if I get time.

Thanks.

Edited by Jessica

I was unsure of posting as a bug, however, I have never encountered this before with any of the previous ImgBurn installers, nor have I encountered this with any other freeware that is not digitally signed, so I thought perhaps it was a bug in the installer or the certificate, that was my reasoning :unknown:

If there is no bug and this is a false positive it may be worth you registering on the developer White List:

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/partners/whitelist

Edited by Jessica

Well assuming the MD5 of the file you downloaded matches the one displayed on the 'Download' page, it should be safe.

I don't know what your AV uses as a basis for its 'danger rate'... but if the installer is getting 100/100, I guess it must be ticking all the boxes!

No doubt you becoming a member of their security network would help in this situation. It would see that lots of other people have downloaded / installed the app and that it's safe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.