Bamma Better be going to the super bowl

kirk1701™

DAM!!! :w00t:

$900,000 salary per season, shit for that much I can coach better then him!!

Tide extends Shula deal after bowl season

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Mike Shula received a one-year contract extension Tuesday but didn't get a raise to his $900,000 salary.

Shula, 40, has led Alabama to 4-9 and 6-6 records, including a berth in the Music City Bowl, in his first two seasons after taking over a program reeling from NCAA sanctions and the offseason firing of Mike Price.

"I am humbled by the University of Alabama's generous offer to extend my contract," Shula said. "This extension reinforces the university's resolve to restore our football program to national prominence. That remains my top priority."

The board of trustees' compensation committee voted unanimously in a brief teleconference to approve the extension keeping Shula under contract through the 2010 season, but didn't change any other part of his contract.

Shula's contract includes a base salary of $150,000 and a $750,000 talent fee.

The university gave men's basketball coach Mark Gottfried a $200,000 raise recently, boosting his salary to $1 million. This is the first time a non-football coach has been the highest paid employee in Alabama's athletic department.

"We are emerging from a very difficult period in our history and the stability provided by coach Shula and his staff has played a large part in that recovery," athletic director Mal Moore said. "I feel coach Shula has this program headed in the right direction and I am confident that he can lead Alabama back to a position of national prominence and prestige."

They play Middle Tennessee tonight in Tuscaloosa so everyone knows where I'll be =))

crickets :whistling:

Wait till they play Ole Miss, I hope Johnsons back by then :pirate:

wtf ?????

=))

Thats football in the states LFC =))

Much like your crickets

I must have been looking at last weeks schedule, they are not playing Middle Tennessee tonight they are playing southern mississippi.

Boy I wish Johnson was here now :whistling:

Southern Miss 21

Alabama 17

And Alabama just scored so its 23 to 21 now =))

Edited by kirk1701

Oh you mean American Handball !!!  That NFL bollocks......  Something that is mostly played in the hand is hardly FOOTball is it ??

Your on the right track lfc only not NFL this is shall we say more realistic.

NFL players are paid to play, I like the college league better. Each of our states have state university's or colleges. The colleges have teams, the teams are made up of the shall we call them "Bloody students" =))

The bloody students play for the sport hoping to be noticed by the NFL andl draft their ass to play for $$$ =))

The only other sport I care for is the Major League Baseball and then only when Boston or Chicago cubs make it to the playoffs. :thumbup: which only happen once in 100 years or so. =))

Regardless of what names you call them, there are two common factors in these sports between our two countries:

1.) they're still a colossal waste of time, no matter where you live ;)

2.) despite what name you call them where you live, they exist for one reason: so that when you team wins, you riot, and, if your team loses, you riot. :devil:

The only difference I've seen between how the two countries interact with their sports. In the UK, the fans riot in the stands. In the US, we riot in the streets. :lol:

Regardless of what names you call them, there are two common factors in these sports between our two countries:

1.) they're still a colossal waste of time, no matter where you live  ;)

2.) despite what name you call them where you live, they exist for one reason: so that when you team wins, you riot, and, if your team loses, you riot.  :devil:

The only difference I've seen between how the two countries interact with their sports.  In the UK, the fans riot in the stands.  In the US, we riot in the streets.  :lol:

Boy ain't that the truth, I seen the Chicago bulls win the championship in 1990, (or somewhere around that time) yes RIOT downtown and yes in the streets turning Taxie cabs upside down. The very following year, again Chicago lost the championship and again, RIOTS in the streets =))

Thats what you call, can't win for loosing :wacko:

Our days of footie riots are mostly over - they seem to be saved for the major tournaments now like the World Cup but luckily the Police etc are able to prevent most of the known hooligans from travelling by taking their passports in the run up to the tournaments !! ha ha

TOUCHDOWN!

=))

Bamma is winning again :thumbup:

Finally made the top 25 =))

September 17 at South Carolina Winning 7-0 - CBS

September 24 Arkansas TBA Tickets CBS

October 1 No. 6 Florida 3:30 PM ET Tickets CBS

October 15 at Mississippi 12:00 PM ET Tickets CBS

October 22 No. 5 Tennessee 3:30 PM ET Tickets CBS

October 29 Utah State TBA Tickets

November 5 at Mississippi St. TBA Tickets

November 12 No. 3 LSU 3:30 PM ET Tickets CBS <<Hope Johnsons back for these games

November 19 at Auburn 3:30 PM ET Tickets CBS

Too bad they don't play south bend Indiana :( me and spinner would have a ball =))

Maybe in the bowl games spinner, just maybe :thumbup:

Bamma would stomp your fighting irish ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.