ImgBurn Drive USB... Dont tase me again?..

Adrianvdh

2 great minds think alike.

Having seen an issue in the Support forum earlier with USB v1.0 limiting the burn speed on a Blu-ray drive, I wondered if such a thing might be (easily) possible myself. It's something I'll have to look into.

Oh and it's tease, not tase.

Tase would be like the image I posted in the other thread... where someone shoots you with a taser gun which gives you an electric shock that basically knocks you to the floor.

I'm meant tase

Ahh you always say that

I'll have to look into.

Cant you say consider it done like you do with other people?...

2 great minds think alike.

You wish I'm only 15 years old you are 33 and a F*ng awesome with software dev I only learn batch programing.. you problaby Know a whole lot of lan such as C++ (of couse) C#, C, VB, VBS, Java, PHP (of couse) http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download, aspx ect...

I dont want to use my brain right now because its late and i need to save it for tomorrow ...

P.S i obviously don't know PHP of any fansy lan but what is the ? for links on pages such as php? ...? and that act=download ..is that a variable?

Edited by Adrianvdh

When I say 'consider it done', it would almost always mean it has already been done.

I can't say I've done something before I've even begun to look at if it's possible or how I'd go about doing it.

If it's simple enough to get that info for the device from Windows, I'll implement it. If it isn't, I won't.

The ? is where the 'query string' starts. So what comes after it are the parameters you're passing to the sever/web page. They're like the paramters you pass to a function in C++.

So something like...

Sleep(1000); // C++

could translate to...

Sleep.php?Time=1000

If you know some HTML, you may know you either 'post' a form or you 'get' it. If you 'get' it, the form variables are passed in the query string (and are then visible in the browser's address bar). If you 'post' it, they aren't.

It's used all over the Internet, not just for php pages. PHP, Java and C++ are all very similar. If you can read one, you can read the others. If you can write one, you can fumble your way through the others ;) Believe me, I'm not as awesome as you seem to think I am. I refer to Google for info ALL the time - I'll certainly be using it when trying to figure out this USB speed stuff.

So ImgBurn is not based on the top of your head ... you are goggling different parts about it etc... you mention in a different post that you went to university and learn the dev things ect did you learn c++ there and the stuff with the disc or just c++ an learned the stuff with the disc when you were young and be a weriedo...? :)

Edited by Adrianvdh

Well you can't just 'know' everything. You look stuff up, learn about it, use it and then apply that knowledge to other bits. The Windows API is enormous and new bits get added all the time as OS's improve. Communicating with drives is a whole other area, but once you get the hang of it, it's all pretty much the same thing over and over again. The MMC (or Mt Fuji) documents tell you the commands they support and what they respond with when you issue them. You just have to know how to deal with it all.

I didn't really 'learn' C++ at Uni, I'd already played around enough with it in college to know roughly what I was doing. I only got into the disc related stuff in my final year - but I learnt it for me, not because I had to.

I didn't really 'learn' C++ at Uni, I'd already played around enough with it in college to know roughly what I was doing. I only got into the disc related stuff in my final year - but I learnt it for me, not because I had to.

So you went to 'Uni' and college

In school (secondary school anyway, so 12+), you have to learn about 10+ subjects (heading towards 'GCSE' qualifications).

In college, you focus on certain (maybe 2, 3 or 4) subjects you enjoy / are good at. (heading towards 'A level' qualifications)

In uni, you focus on 1 thing! (heading towards getting a degree)

So it's all about becoming really good at what you want to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.