Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Adrianvdh

F**k this router

Recommended Posts

It looks like it should be right, yes.

 

I don't understand why it's passing the TCP tests but failing the UDP ones when the router config clearly shows the ports should be allowing both through.

 

What if you change the 'Protocol' to just UDP? Does that change the results in the 'Verifying LiNK Settings' page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right so UDP seems to fail regardless.

 

Do you have DMZ options in your router config? (EDIT: Yes, I see that you do) Add the xbox ip address to that and see if it works then. This is just for testing, remove it once you've tried.

 

Is your router running the latest firmware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I'll try that .. and I dont know if its running the latest how do i check/download it

 

P.S Could you twll me what DMZ would do

 

P.P.S why can I only add one IP to DMZ feature

 

post-46927-0-87103000-1358252342_thumb.jpg

 

Results:

 

post-46927-0-90722500-1358252347_thumb.png

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you normally check for updates for things?!

 

Find out what you've got and then check the manufacturer's website for updates. At a guess, I expect you'll find the model number / firmware version on the 'Device Info' page. It may even have a 'check for latest version' type button somewhere.

 

DMZ? Google it! My 1st result was...

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it sould work no:... but dont I need Upnp on LiNk because alot of tuts say that i do...

 

post-46927-0-62219000-1358255441_thumb.png

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

upnp just allows it to open up the 2 ports automatically.. or at least it should do - but your router isn't letting it do that. You've opened them manually instead.

 

A router firmware update may fix it so it works properly... so going back to post #32, which hardware version is yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What its RU_1.04

 

Like on the first screen shot

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to help you update the firmware on your router in the hope it would make it work properly.

 

So I asked you twice (post #32 and post #34) to provide the hardware version (which you read off the bottom of the router).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right so then you can update from v1.04 to v1.07 with this...

 

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/dsl2760u/Firmware/Hardware%20Version%20D/D2/V%201.07%20D2%20dsl2760u.zip

 

Backup the configuration

Flash the firmware (via a wired connection)

Restore the configuration - only if it has been reset

 

Remove xbox from DMZ config.

 

Try the virtual server stuff again. Both with TCP/UDP selected and with just UDP (as you did earlier). If they both still fail in the LiNK test page, put the xbox back in the DMZ and remove the virtual server entries again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both with TCP/UDP selected and with just UDP (as you did earlier).

 

I dont understand this

 

It's what you did earlier today. You'd been setting TCP/UDP as the protocol in the Virtual Server screen and the LiNK test only showed TCP as passing the test (UDP failed). You then switched the Virtual Server entry to just using the UDP protocol and the LiNK test then said that both TCP and UDP had failed.

 

Ok the update failed servile times:

 

failpdate.JPG

 

You did unzip it yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

I loaded the DSL-2760U-RU_1.07_04272011 file in to it and that is what it said

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok it worked...

1) of all how did you know to use IE

2) of all why is it working now...:

 

proof:

post-46927-0-75235400-1358270778_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok it worked...

1) of all how did you know to use IE

2) of all why is it working now...:

 

proof:

working.JPG

 

1. Because I actually read the update instructions I linked you to earlier.

2. Why is what working, the firmware update? Isn't that the same as number 1? If you mean LiNK, it's working because you've fixed the things it 'failed' on earlier (ports and authentication).

 

Ok what do I do now...

 

That depends on what you've done out of my list in post # 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Backup the configuration

2) Flash the firmware (via a wired connection)

3) Restore the configuration - only if it has been reset

4) Remove xbox from DMZ config.

 

5) Both with TCP/UDP selected or with just UDP

 

1) DONE

2) DONE

3) DONE

4) DONE

5) Both Passed (TCP/UDP)

5) Just UDP...UPD passed but TCP failed

 

Settings:

post-46927-0-06528600-1358271751_thumb.jpg

 

Results: (let me get this straight ...I DON'T Need Upnp to work on LiNK for game play on System Linl

post-46927-0-99506700-1358271797_thumb.png

Edited by Adrianvdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.