Load .MDS as .IBB?

dbminter

I was wondering if it was possible to make Build Mode load .MDS, and/or any other types of control files such as .CUE? My thinking here was it would be possible to take an existing disc image and then, if possible to load it this way, delete and inject files into the system structure, and then save a duplicate of the image with the desired changes and insertions.

You mean like ultra iso

Yes, that's a fairly good analogy. As opposed to the current way it would have to be done of mounting the .MDS as a virtual drive and then adding only what you want in Build Mode and/or adding new files and then saving a new image.

UltraISO's limitation in this area is it will only save larger than 4 GB files either to NTFS or as proprietary .ISZ or whatever format.

You mean like ultra iso

Yes, that's a fairly good analogy. As opposed to the current way it would have to be done of mounting the .MDS as a virtual drive and then adding only what you want in Build Mode and/or adding new files and then saving a new image.

UltraISO's limitation in this area is it will only save larger than 4 GB files either to NTFS or as proprietary .ISZ or whatever format.

What about converting it to an .ISO image instead? Is that something that might be done?

No, because ISO's limitation is it cannot be split into parts. So, unless you have NTFS, the cap is at 4 GB. And, no, I won't use NTFS, although I am tempted to create a blank NTFS partition of about 5 GB for uses like this. Then, I can hide it when it's not needed.

• 1 month later...
I always use magiciso to convert .mds file to iso image.

http://www.magiciso.com/

I guess I'd like to see ImgBurn do it, that way I could just use this one FREE program instead of finding a mix of free and pay programs to get stuff like that done.

If ImgBurn could handle macintosh DMG files, DAA files, MDS files, etc. all to an ISO, it'd be one stop shopping with a single great program! :)

ImgBurn already supports MDS files.

It's a Windows program and will never handle Apple's DMG format.

DAA is some lame (compressed?) custom image format and I'll never support those either.

Bummer, man. It would be wicked cool if you did.

You know, kinda like how 7zip handles all them other formats?

I suppose once you got 'em all figured out, it'd be smooth sailing.

With the new iMac's handling WinXP and OS X on the same machine at the same time, it would be awesome if you supported dmg.

Is it lack of time or just lack of interest?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.