Unable to lock drive when burning a second ISO file?

gust0208

Hello everyone,

The first time I run ImgBurn after a reboot, it is able to lock the drive without issue and burn the iso. The second time I run ImgBurn and attempt to burn an ISO, I get the "Unable to lock drive - access denied" error.

I don't think it is another program accessing the drive, since I am always able to lock the drive with ImgBurn the first time it is run. I have reproduced now with every reboot, so it is something I need to deal with.

Any ideas on what may be causing this odd behavior? It can always lock the first time, but every time I try after that, I get the unable to lock error.

I have unchecked the check box for this check, so I am able to burn successfully, but I am curious why this is and how to protect my drive while burning.

Cheers,

Tom

Mine has done this once so far with latest version.

I do not know if it was something i did, eg I already had an instance of imgburn still open on toolbar, i know nothing else should have had priority at that point.

I never use packet writing crap, Will take more notice next time and see if i can get it to do it again.

I have never had that error on any of my computers or writers, It might be down to my Liteon drive.

Hello everyone,

The first time I run ImgBurn after a reboot, it is able to lock the drive without issue and burn the iso. The second time I run ImgBurn and attempt to burn an ISO, I get the "Unable to lock drive - access denied" error.

I don't think it is another program accessing the drive, since I am always able to lock the drive with ImgBurn the first time it is run. I have reproduced now with every reboot, so it is something I need to deal with.

Any ideas on what may be causing this odd behavior? It can always lock the first time, but every time I try after that, I get the unable to lock error.

I have unchecked the check box for this check, so I am able to burn successfully, but I am curious why this is and how to protect my drive while burning.

Cheers,

Tom

You are not simply opening a second instance of ImgBurn are you? If so, the first instance has got the drive locked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.