LIGHTNING UK!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What exactly is that

"Added: Internal version of the 'BurnerMax Payload' code (well, what I could figure out) to allow for overburning DVD+R DL on many MediaTek chipset based drives. In practice, this only seems to work on Lite-On (and clone) drives that have 'Force HyperTuning' enabled."

Do you combine the maxpayload with the imgburn program so it doesn't need the use of max payload program?

If we don't execute the send maxpayload command from the menu and we choose to burn one xgd3 game does it run this command automatically or not?

Edited by GREGORY

Thanks for the update. Its always amazing how many improvements you keep making year after year - a true labour of love! :biggrindance:

See you've gone over to Amazon now -  good. Could you ask them when the mp3 lead I ordered will arrive please? :pirate2:

Hope you are well, life is good and your ointment is free of flies... :westside:

Apparently, the new version of ImgBurn tries to install crapware during the upgrade. Some kind of toolbar, and some antivirus junk.

I used to recommend this software to everyone. It's a well thought-out burner, complex and powerful, yet with a no-nonsense interface. Great.

But installing crapware on users' computers during installation is a really, really lowly tactic. I used to think "I have a disc burner software, there's no need for me to look for an alternative". Well, you just made me think I probably should look for an alternative.

Apparently, the new version of ImgBurn tries to install crapware during the upgrade. Some kind of toolbar, and some antivirus junk.

I used to recommend this software to everyone. It's a well thought-out burner, complex and powerful, yet with a no-nonsense interface. Great.

But installing crapware on users' computers during installation is a really, really lowly tactic. I used to think "I have a disc burner software, there's no need for me to look for an alternative". Well, you just made me think I probably should look for an alternative.

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things, just as you always have in the past with the Ask.com toolbar that was bundled with previous versions.

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things, just as you always have in the past with the Ask.com toolbar that was bundled with previous versions.

True, but honestly I'm a bit angry at this too but won't stop using it. The question is, why include that crap in the first place? Cant you atleast swap it arround and set zxpress mode to the non-toolbar and AV crap and advanced to install that stuff?

why include that crap in the first place?

As :worthy: LUK :worthy: said...just say no!

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things...

Have you ever thought that just maybe the 'crap' is included to keep ImgBurn freeware since the 'crap' promoters pay a fee for including their 'crap' with a great FREEWARE??

Fartfinger mode: ON

FYI;

It just kills me that a program such as this one, the best at what it does and totally free for the millions of people that use it, has users that feel they have the right to bitch about such trivial things like it's their own damned property.

Fartfinger mode: OFF

Does anyone try to write xgd3 games WITHOUT max payload program ONLY with imgburn 2.5.8.0.

And after the first promt and check no at prompt if send maxpayload command the programm DOESN'T prompt it again if want to send maxpayload commands to liteon ihas.

So you must fix to prompt EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO WRITE XGD3 GAME if it send maxpayload commands or not.

Edited by GREGORY

How i can make it the prg ASKS me EVERY TIME i try to write one xgd3 game to send maxpayload command.

As i tell it before it asked me ONLY THE FIRST time and after that time IT DOESN'T ASKED ME AGAIN every time i eject/insert any dvd+r dl disc.

Yes i load the .dvd file(But even i didn't load the .dvd file it load it itself the imgburn if it has the same file name as the .iso file so....) of the xgd3 game and i have insert one dvd+dl disc in the drive liteon ihas 124d.

IT DOESN'T ASK ME any question except if i want overburn or truncate something I DON'T WANT.

I want to ask me EVERYTIME if it send max payload command so i can burn normal and correctly xgd3 games.

It is correct both of them(iso and dvd file) and has the CORRECT LAYERBREAK at .dvd file but stil after the 1st one attept that it ask then never asked me to send max payload command into drive so it write the SAME xgd3 game.

Edited by GREGORY

Why every time i try to burn xgd3 game the program suggest me to disable one of these switches?

1815d1320528337-tutorial-burning-full-xg

To my pc if i was change the switches to any other order except the picture above i have failed verifications on xgd3 games.

Edited by GREGORY

Long time, no logon :). Thanks to technology the last time I burned a disc was a few years ago, I have moved to harddisk storage and virtual drives. ImgBurn is still my number one burning and iso making program.

Also, it's obvious LUK is getting a little money to include this extra software, which is keeping ImgBurn free. Novice computer users don't know this and complain about it. I would rather keep a good program free by adding extra software for a fee.

And, thanks for the new version!

• 2 weeks later...

browsers:  IE (updated) & Firefox (updated)

2.5.8 source:  softpedia

I understand the economics of freeware in 2013.  It's one thing to bundle other software with this software, but it is quite another to not give users the option to not install this bundled software.  And then to make it worse, the update didn't even make the user aware that it was including other software.  I couldn't opt out of it, and I wasn't at all aware it was happening.  After uininstalling the TuneUp suite from the control panel, it was a headache afterwards.  I had to reboot twice and was still having a problem uninstalling it.  I'm still not certain I have it removed.  Then, the Bing-related toolbar (enrapture, encapture, or whatever it is called) and search engine wasn't easily removed, either.  After removing the tool bar, it was still integrated into my search engines.  I had to go into each browser in two places to remove it from operating and acting as the default.  On top of that, It had also replaced my home pages with the search engine page.  One small thing after another adding up to a real hassle.

I don't consider it whiny or complaining to at least request a warning that this extra software is included before installing, and it would be only common courtesy to give users the option to click out of installing it before installing the ImgBurn update.  I've never had this happen with any other update from any software, freeware or paid.  For instance, at least Adobe informs, and gives an option, if you want the Google toolbar installed as it is bundled with the reader.  McAfee antivirus is bundled all over the place, but it always gives the user the option to not also install it.  That's decency.

If ImgBurn is financially forced to partner with other software, at least make sure it isn't so intrusive and hassle-ridden.  You are the company you keep.  It doesn't speak well of ImgBurn to put users in this type of situation.  I've been using ImgBurn for years, and I've had no complaints whatsoever about it.  This was an ugly turn of events.

the option NOT to install is there to see, quite plainly in fact, it's on the very first screen of the installer.

this type of installer that is bundled with other software is more and more common, even java has ask toolbar bundled,

even though imgburn was changed from ask to this current one, doesn't change the fact that you can choose not to install the bundled stuff.

This is why I included where I got it.  I wasn't sure if it would matter or not.  I'm telling you, without any doubt, it never asked me or showed me this extra software.  No logos.  No boxes to uncheck.  Nothing.  Until they were installed, I'd never heard of that toolbar or TuneUp.  Never seen the names.  Nothing.  Up to this point, I had a 100% track record of not installing things by mistake with any software or update, so I promise you I was watching.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.