ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

As usual, you can download it and view the changelog by visiting the main website.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Special 'Thanks' to all the beta testers, translators and donors!
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#2 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

What exactly is that

"Added: Internal version of the 'BurnerMax Payload' code (well, what I could figure out) to allow for overburning DVD+R DL on many MediaTek chipset based drives. In practice, this only seems to work on Lite-On (and clone) drives that have 'Force HyperTuning' enabled."

Do you combine the maxpayload with the imgburn program so it doesn't need the use of max payload program?

If we don't execute the send maxpayload command from the menu and we choose to burn one xgd3 game does it run this command automatically or not?

Edited by GREGORY, 16 June 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#3 Altercuno

Altercuno

posts utterbollox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the update. Its always amazing how many improvements you keep making year after year - a true labour of love! :biggrindance:

See you've gone over to Amazon now -  good. Could you ask them when the mp3 lead I ordered will arrive please? :pirate2:

Hope you are well, life is good and your ointment is free of flies... :westside:

The 7 dwarfs are all in bed feeling happy...then happy got out and they all felt grumpy.

#4 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

And what exactly is the

image.png

effective, always or compatible.

Edited by GREGORY, 16 June 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#5 Florin Andrei

Florin Andrei

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Apparently, the new version of ImgBurn tries to install crapware during the upgrade. Some kind of toolbar, and some antivirus junk.

I used to recommend this software to everyone. It's a well thought-out burner, complex and powerful, yet with a no-nonsense interface. Great.

But installing crapware on users' computers during installation is a really, really lowly tactic. I used to think "I have a disc burner software, there's no need for me to look for an alternative". Well, you just made me think I probably should look for an alternative.

#6 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Apparently, the new version of ImgBurn tries to install crapware during the upgrade. Some kind of toolbar, and some antivirus junk.

I used to recommend this software to everyone. It's a well thought-out burner, complex and powerful, yet with a no-nonsense interface. Great.

But installing crapware on users' computers during installation is a really, really lowly tactic. I used to think "I have a disc burner software, there's no need for me to look for an alternative". Well, you just made me think I probably should look for an alternative.

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things, just as you always have in the past with the Ask.com toolbar that was bundled with previous versions.

Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#7 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things, just as you always have in the past with the Ask.com toolbar that was bundled with previous versions.

True, but honestly I'm a bit angry at this too but won't stop using it. The question is, why include that crap in the first place? Cant you atleast swap it arround and set zxpress mode to the non-toolbar and AV crap and advanced to install that stuff?

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#8 spinningwheel

spinningwheel

It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't...Period.

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

why include that crap in the first place?

As :worthy: LUK :worthy: said...just say no!

You always have the option of saying 'No' to such things...

Have you ever thought that just maybe the 'crap' is included to keep ImgBurn freeware since the 'crap' promoters pay a fee for including their 'crap' with a great FREEWARE??

spinner : >)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a ride

http://www.facebook.com/brunswicksmokers

We do not discuss ripping here. If you need help with that, Google it...if you can't accept that, move on!

#9 spinningwheel

spinningwheel

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Fartfinger mode: ON

FYI;

It just kills me that a program such as this one, the best at what it does and totally free for the millions of people that use it, has users that feel they have the right to bitch about such trivial things like it's their own damned property.

Fartfinger mode: OFF

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a ride

We do not discuss ripping here. If you need help with that, Google it...if you can't accept that, move on!

#10 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Does anyone try to write xgd3 games WITHOUT max payload program ONLY with imgburn 2.5.8.0.

And after the first promt and check no at prompt if send maxpayload command the programm DOESN'T prompt it again if want to send maxpayload commands to liteon ihas.

So you must fix to prompt EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO WRITE XGD3 GAME if it send maxpayload commands or not.

Edited by GREGORY, 17 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#11 Altercuno

Altercuno

posts utterbollox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

spinner :thumbup:

If you want it free it comes bundled with something. Paid for versions are without the adds,toolbars ect. Just look at apps.

The 7 dwarfs are all in bed feeling happy...then happy got out and they all felt grumpy.

#12 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Man, still the same complaint after all these years... I really hope those people whining about the "crapware" really find another program to use and f**k off.

Thanks a lot for the update LUK! :biggrindance: :biggrindance: 

#13 spinningwheel

spinningwheel

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Man, still the same complaint after all these years... I really hope those people whining about the "crapware" really find another program to use and f**k off.

:shakehands: 

#14 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

How i can make it the prg ASKS me EVERY TIME i try to write one xgd3 game to send maxpayload command.

As i tell it before it asked me ONLY THE FIRST time and after that time IT DOESN'T ASKED ME AGAIN every time i eject/insert any dvd+r dl disc.

#15 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

It should prompt each time it's required.

You are loading the .DVD file yeah?

#16 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yes i load the .dvd file(But even i didn't load the .dvd file it load it itself the imgburn if it has the same file name as the .iso file so....) of the xgd3 game and i have insert one dvd+dl disc in the drive liteon ihas 124d.

IT DOESN'T ASK ME any question except if i want overburn or truncate something I DON'T WANT.

I want to ask me EVERYTIME if it send max payload command so i can burn normal and correctly xgd3 games.

#17 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

There are only 2 conditions that need to be satisfied in order for it to prompt you. The size of the image and the layer break position (read from the .DVD file). Assuming they're the 'known' values, it should prompt.

#18 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

It is correct both of them(iso and dvd file) and has the CORRECT LAYERBREAK at .dvd file but stil after the 1st one attept that it ask then never asked me to send max payload command into drive so it write the SAME xgd3 game.

Edited by GREGORY, 21 June 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#19 RhoTrux64

RhoTrux64

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks so much for your continued efforts to improve this awesome software.  The inclusion of the BurnerMax Payload is an added bonus and works perfectly.

#20 GREGORY

GREGORY

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Why every time i try to burn xgd3 game the program suggest me to disable one of these switches?

1815d1320528337-tutorial-burning-full-xg

To my pc if i was change the switches to any other order except the picture above i have failed verifications on xgd3 games.

Edited by GREGORY, 23 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users