LIGHTNING UK!

ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released!

Hello -- I seems to always have a problem  with norton security  and running the installer for imgburn --- is norton the only one that flag  imgburn and the website as  bad? 

Your Norton is bad and flagging the setup which includes an advertisement dll as malware. The site and program are fine. Norton hasn't been anything but bloatware since 2004.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, Norton is probably flagging the software as a PUP, with Potentially Unwanted Programs.  They're not viruses, but lazy and overzealous AV vendors often times flag them as viruses because they're too lazy to do otherwise.

2006 was around the time I gave up on Norton products.  As was said, it became entirely bloatware and good luck trying to uninstall what was already installed!  :rolleyes:

Hello --- Thanks for the info --- what would be an good alternative to norton?  kaspersky seems to get good marks, but because it  founded/owned but a Russian it gets bad press in USA  

Unless you're doing specific stuff the default windows one is decent. But if you're online a lot, banking stuff and more a paid one is best. I like Avast internet security

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I stopped using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall And AntiVirus years ago abecause it used Kaspersky's AV engine.  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  Maybe Kaspersky is not a branch of the Russian government.  But, I didn't want to roll the dice.  Plus, I didn't like how they inserted things into your UEFI partition.

I got too damn sick and tired of jumping through hoops figuring out what AV software works and suddenly doesn't work.  Like Avast AntiVirus Free.  It was working on my old model Dell XPS 8930 but on the newer model 8930, it doesn't.  So, I just gave up and stuck with Windows Defender for my AV needs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.