Win 8 + ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 + AMD motherboard = No Go

changmw

After writing the lead-in, Imgburn kept saying burning was in progress, when in fact the activity LED of the burner was no longer lit, meaning nothing was actually sent to the drive and got written!!!!

Attached are the log and graph data files!

I reported this same problem previously in the following post:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=21554

post-52289-0-22058900-1371388091_thumb.jpg

imgburn.failed-2.5.8.0..txt

imgburn.failed-2.5.8.0..ibg

Edited by changmw

• 4 weeks later...

There's nothing I can do about this. Your machine should be doing what's being asked of it. If it can't, it should be erroring out. Try a different I/O interface or enumeration method and see if it behaves differently.

Out of curiosity:

Have you ever *SERIOUSLY* tested latest version of ImgBurn in AMD motherboards (esp. the RAID mode)? :)

am currently using a motherboard called Asus M5A99X EVO. Maybe I should just use motherboards based on Intel chipsets... :(

Edited by changmw

No, I buy Intel stuff. The last AMD CPU board I had was back in the 'DFI LanParty nF4' days.

It doesn't work at a level where the other hardware in your PC comes into it. It goes through the Windows API.

I switched the burner to HP 1260T and ImgBurn could really send data to the drive (the LED of the burner flashed)!

Nevertheless, Imgburn could not verify and reported the same error message. The progress bar stopped at 66% for a while. Maybe the drive or its buffer was saturated with too much data. Was this the real problem?

The disc seemed to be ok.

Edited by changmw

Please post the burn log from using the HP burner.

I ticked the option "Don't Use Immediate I/O" in the Settings -> I/O tab...  Operation Completed Successfully! Burner's LED flashed, Verify worked, though ImgBurn still needed to wait for the burner to complete the burning.

I am going to switch back to the LG GH24NS50 burner and try the same method.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=21554&hl=

I'll report back tomorrow as it's bed time now in Hong Kong.

~~ BTW, can you tell the difference between "I" (uppercase "i") and "l" (lowercase "L") here? Should the font be changed to Courier? :)

Good night!

Edited by changmw

I ticked the option "Don't Use Immediate I/O" in the Settings -> I/O tab...  Operation Completed Successfully! Burner's LED flashed, Verify worked, though ImgBurn still needed to wait for the burner to complete the burning.

I am going to switch back to the LG GH24NS50 burner and try the same method.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=21554&hl=

Sorry for late reply!

It worked! There was no error reported!

And I have just re-installed my 64-bit Win 8 by setitng the Asus M5A99X EVO's SATA mode to AHCI.

Win 8 was using Micro$oft's AHCI driver (**not** AMD's amdsbs.sys and ahcix64s.sys) for hard disks and SSDs.

I re-installed ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 and burn+verify DVD again, "Operation Successfully Completed"!!!

I did NOT need to use the "Don't Use Immediate I/O" option.

I guess ImgBurn was alwats tested against Micro$oft AHCI driver only, not other storage drivers....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.