No Drive

Adrianvdh

Why would ImgBurn do this. I have been able to do this for the second time now since I have been using ImgBurn.

post-46927-0-60508800-1374077874_thumb.png

Look at the image and see that the "drop down list" is blank but the information text box show my drive. I do not know how I did this. Maybe a bug I don't know

Edited by Adrianvdh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you provide a video or something showing me exactly how to reproduce it?

I've tried dropping it down and inserting a disc into the already selected drive - no problem.

I've tried dropping it down and inserting a disc into a different drive - no problem.

I've tried dropping it down and inserting a disc into the drive I'm changing to - no problem.

So it must be more complicated or timing related and I could be there all day trying to reproduce it - which I'm not prepared to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry I have been away for some time.

It is difficult for me to reproduce it as well. But it generally happens when ImgBurn is scanning/getting disc information.

Yes it has to do with timing. How many operations does ImgBurn do when it scans a disc?

When it is doing one of these tasks, I clicked on the drop down list and it scrolled all my drives and went blank (The text went blank)

So I will try make a vid just playing around with it, and if it errors again I will post it :)

• 1 month later...

I think the problem is now fixable:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/44oc594he700cad/ImgBurn%20Drop%20down%20list%20problem.7z

containing real clear footage :) Yay!

Sorry if this can't help you, but it is very rare/difficult for me to recreate the problem.

Edited by Adrianvdh

So you can't fix it? Maybe there is a somewhere there has to be. But why do your think it would do that? Maybe delete that one (The ComboBox) and replay it with another.

Or I am lucky when ImgBurn is calling a function to call/read the install disc drives and it is not being used or something. Maybe just examine the code of carefully. Or this is a problem that has been there since DVD Decrypter. I am guessing you have just touched up (gave a paint job) to the function since you have copied the code from DVD Decrypter to ImgBurn. I have no idea? This would probably be solved already is ImgBurn was open source, but I am going to stop nagging you about that because it is irritating. Hey I am just saying. Maybe it could also be the OS I am using. I tried with Windows 8 on a VM and could not recreate the problem.

I am getting now where with this, it might be the delay of my mouse? Aah, it will take some time I guess to figure this out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.