Questions DVD+R fungus

gamemaniaco

"Even though this fungus is widespread it could only develop on a CD in high humidity and high temperature, which is not the case most of the time," Mr Valls told the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1402533.stm

Luckily we don't have these problems in Sweden - not even when it's summer time.  :)

snowsweden-500x375.jpg

Living in the Northcentral U.S. we experience a lot of hot and humid weather during the summer and I have never had - or heard of - anyone having fungus, mildew or anything else grow on their cd/dvd/bluray/vhs/beta/8 track/mini or regular recording media.  If it's a concern, wipe off the disc with mild soapy water and rinse it well. :victory:

1 Disc DVD + R has some protection on both sides of the disc for scratches are not damaged data and does not damage the disc reading?

2 Discs DVD + R grab and generate fungi? never seen it but there are people who say that if a disc has fungus and it is put into drive DVD drive that will be contaminated and every record I put this drive will be contaminated? I'm worried I do not know anything about fungi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.