CLI misbehaviour when ISOBUILD_AutoCalculate is set

LOGO Datensysteme

Hi folks,

After experimenting alot with CLI (i love it) i found a "hole" which ends in a messagebox that you cannot "override" with CLI-params.

Cause of all trouble is: Enable ISOBUILD_AutoCalculate

Try with the following CLI:

imgburn.exe /mode ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGFILE /SRC "c:\test\data\" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + Joliet" /VOLUMELABEL "Test Backup" /ERASE /VERIFY YES /DEST "c:\test.iso" /START /OVERWRITE YES /ROOTFOLDER YES /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /INCLUDEHIDDENFILES YES /INCLUDESYSTEMFILES YES /NOWRITEDETAILS /CLOSESUCCESS /NOIMAGEDETAILS /LOG "c:\test.log"

When ImgBurn starts, an OK-msgbox (no files or folders were added to the image ) appears. When you okayed this box, all subsequent msgboxes (like /ROOTFOLDER...) are shown even if CLI ordered them not to show up. Even the /LOG is simply ignored...

If you change AutoCalculate to NO (untick the checkbox), everything works fine as expected.

Looks like a hole to me :whistling:

Happy "Bug"-hunting

and best regards

Michael

I'd overlooked the issue of auto calculate being enabled when doing things via CLI.

I actually fixed that about 10 seconds before I read this post. (Spooky!)

CLI stuff is really of no interest to me, it's there for those that use it.

I don't use and so I don't really do any testing on it.

Also, CLI parameters only apply once (they're reset after being used).

So the auto calculate probably used up the initial settings meaning the real build then prompted again.

Ignoring the auto calculate option on a CLI build gets around all these issues and that's what I've just implemented.

Thanks for taking the time to look into + report this.

Yep, that's really spooky :lol:

CLI is a must have for us. We want to give ImgBurn to our customers because a pretty significant number of them are just too "dumb" to handle a regular burning-program.

With CLI we could handle the very important data-backup-routines directly from our program, so the customer data is secured.

We formerly handled this with NeroCMD which, as everybody knows, is a pain in the a...

So as a vivid user of "your former great program" i was very enthusiastic about the new 2.x of ImgBurn to have all my CLI whishes come true :thumbup:

A neat little request for CLI would be something like "run in systray / minimized". At least 2.1 is not aknowledging the "systray" option from settings when run from CLI.

Another question: Are you using a resource-file for your labels/captions or is it hardcoded? I would really love to see a german version of ImgBurn. I would happily volunteer for translating your resource-files. I bet others would do the same for other foreign languages. Any interest?

In any way, all thumbs up for your great work

keep on rocking. We all do really appreciate it.

Michael

It's all hardcoded, hence why nothing exists so far!

Ok, that makes it kind of fixed. Whenever you feel like changing it, i am standing by for assistance if needed.

I would never add a systray / minimised option to cli. It's unfair to 'hide' the app, I've spent too much time on it to have people think some other program is magically doing the burning.

LUK, that was definitely not my intention. My idea was that when ImgBurn actually starts to burn (fully visible and started visible until this point), ImgBurn could (optionally) minimize itself automatically leaving the space to the user while burning in the background. When burning's done ImgBurn could pop up again to show its success.

I understand your intentions to the fullest (i wouldn't do it any other way myself), but thought it might be just cute to auto-minimize when starting to do a lengthy tasks.

...and BTW: When we implement the CLI Interface in our program for ImgBurn i think it's simply a question of respect to you that we include full credits to your program including homepage URL. Why should i hide such a great piece of work. We did that with NeroCMD (which actually was crap) and we sure will do this your ImgBurn!

So after sorting this out,

thanks again for your great work.

It will not be hidden :thumbup:

Michael

It would probably have been easier to put it into a resource file if I was using Visual C++ but the Borland apps work differently.

I've the feeling it will be a huge job to make it so it can read every single bit of GUI text from a file that I'm in no rush to do it!

Thanks for the offer of helping to translate or whatever though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.