Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LOGO Datensysteme

imgburn.ini ignoring settings when used with CLI?

Recommended Posts

Hi LUK,

 

opened a new thread for thisone, so it can be found more easily by others.

 

Maybe this is the same reason as why there won't be any cli-minimize..., so please don't get annoyed with me. It's just that this is weird... :ermm:

 

So here's the "problem"

 

Using an INI-File with things like

 

LogWindow=0000029500000378000002570000011A
LogWindowOpen=0
LogWindowSnapped=0

 

in it, these settings get totaly ignored when imgburn.exe is startet with CLI-Options.

 

As much as i understand the reason for keeping ImgBurn up and visible, this should not count the same for the logwindow and a possible position, because this window might as well have been closed or unsnapped by the actual user. ...and Joe Average is imho pretty much stunned by the content of the logwindow. That's jibberish to him anyway.

 

So my suggestion is, please remove (if it is actually done by intention) the LogWindow* Settings from the "forbidden-when-CLI" actions. It will improve the overall impression the user gets from looking at the program.

 

Hope you're still reading my posts :whistling:

 

Best regards

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The settings are supposed to be the same no matter if you read from the registry or an ini file.

 

There's certainly nothing I'm doing on purpose to stop log window ones from working.

 

It's especially weird if the main window can be positioned ok but the log window not.

 

I will look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I've looked and I think it's more of a problem with using just /SETTINGS "Settings.ini", rather than /SETTINGS "C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\Settings.ini".

 

If it doesn't find/open the settings ini file it will just use the default program values.

 

Basically it didn't like there not being a path mentioned in that CLI argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi LUK,

 

thanks for your answer.

 

Sorry i mistyped /SETTINGS in my PM. I always used the correct param-word /SETTINGS ...

 

The fullpath i use is valid and the program has all the rights to it. I am working currently with ADMIN-rights (local and network) so there should be no limits caused by rights.

 

The very same INI is used by imgburn.exe when started with CLI-params, but without the /SETTINGS param. So i would presume the INI is OK.

 

This is not path-depending, the effect is the same if i try this on a local or network path... :mellow:

 

This is weird....

 

Well, as a workaround i just call the INI imgburn.ini and put it right beside the EXE. Then it is taken anyway and everything works fine.

 

Hope this helps a littlebit.

 

Best regards

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you're saying something as simple as:

 

ImgBurn.exe /SETTINGS "C:\ImgBurnSettings.ini"

 

is not working?

 

If the program isn't passed anything in /SETTINGS, it will automatically try and load from ImgBurn.ini in the same folder as the exe.

 

After that it reverts to the normal registry methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to say... :'(

 

i can't reproduce the "error" anymore :blush:

 

Obviously the fault was on my side of the screen. I worked on the callingpart of our sourcecode alot today, so maybe somewhere inbetween i changed something that was wrong without recognising that it was also responsible for delivering the wrong param-list for the shellexecute(imgburn.exe)...

 

Very Sorry for spending your time on this. I better go home now before i break something seriously.

 

Again thanks for your work.

 

BTW: RE: forum blacklisted words / PM ... After i wrote the reply in shorter form with other words, it went through. Very strange, because i surely had no four-letter-words in it.

 

Best regards

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blacklisting is not about swearing etc, it's security stuff that the server itself blocks in all websites / scripts / forums running on it.

 

It's nothing to do with the forum software - nor is it under my control.

 

Glad the CLI thing is sorted and I'm glad I didn't spend toooooo much time looking into a non existent problem :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.