Done with ImgBurn

chase2020

I am familiar with what opencandy is and I always read my prompts when installing new software so avoiding all the mal/bloatware in your installer wasn't an issue. But I'll be finding a new piece of burning software from now on. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting imgburn to anyone as I always have in the past. I understand that the revenue you get from using opencandy is massive compared to what you get from donations, but I simply can't bring myself to use software that knowngly exploits and caters to the lowest common denominator. Yes opting out is easy enough...but the entire concept of opencandy is that a huge percentage of the population will be too clueless to do so.  Its shitty business and I simply can't trust imgburn. I know you get hundreds of these posts a week, but quite frankly you need to hear it and I was appalled to see how shiftily you treated every single customer telling you what you shouldn't have to be told. Its shitty and it hurts your reputation. 

It really doesn't matter what else I use within the installer, people always complain. I went through the exact same thing when I bundled the Ask.com toolbar 3 or so years ago.

I'm forever being asked to install toolbars, browsers and any number of other programs by various bits of software I install or update (Java, most Adobe freeware etc) but I don't care because it takes 2 seconds to opt out and then I can use said software an unlimited number of times without ever seeing another advert/offer. It's a small price to pay.

The whole world revolves around the 'small print', people should be more than used to it by now. If you feel you want to stop using ImgBurn on principle, that's your loss and I hope you manage to find a similar piece of software that's 100% free of offers/adverts in its installer.

• 4 weeks later...

chase2020, too bad, I've ben using imgburn almost since its' conception, wonderful piece of software. maybe someday you will change your mind and use it again. good luck on finding similar freeware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.