Convert Mode2 to Mode1 command line flag?

stikle

Hello,

We've been using an older version of ImgBurn (2.4.2.0) to rip our entire data CD/DVD library to ISO for network storage/burning.  These can be a combination of CD or DVD, single or multi-session.  We've converted over 1600 in the last 3 years.

We recently discovered some of the ISOs are invalid.  It turns out that the older version of ImgBurn didn't care if it was multi-session or not, it would just rip the disc right to ISO regardless, resulting in a bad image.  UltraISO can open them and view the contents, but WinZip nor our proprietary replicator software recognizes them as valid images.

It looks like the discs might not have been mastered/closed properly, but there's nothing we can do about that now.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N LT09 (ATAPI)
Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: No
Sessions: 2

During the troubleshooting of these, I upgraded to ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 and am now presented with a warning window when I try one of these multi-session discs:

"As Yoda would say blah blah blah...convert Mode2/Form1 to Mode1 if you want me to?"

Clicking Yes now appears to generate a valid ISO, which is good.

So my question at this point is: is there a flag that I'm missing that will automatically select Yes if this condition is discovered?  If not, can there be?  I'm trying to make this process as transparent to the end user as possible.

The current command line from the batch file we are using is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE READ /SRC %cdrom% /DEST %ISOTEMP%\%disklabel%.ISO /START /LOG "%ISOTEMP%\LOG.TXT" /LOGHEADER /INFO "%ISOTEMP%\INFO.TXT" /CLOSESUCCESS /PORTABLE /NOSAVESETTINGS /EJECT

Thank you

• 3 months later...

The old version probably would have just written 2352 byte sectors to the file (because that's what Mode 2 stuff uses). Maybe renaming the file to *.BIN (or *.IMG) would help? It all depends on how those programs you mentioned deal with such file types.

ISO files should be 2048 bytes really (Mode 1) and you shouldn't have ever been using ISO for the file extension of Mode 2 CD dumps.

There's no flag to automate that conversion prompt, no.

I will add one for you though.

/CONVERTMODE2TOMODE1

'YES' will convert to Mode 1 and continue to save as *.ISO, 'NO' will rename the file to *.BIN.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I will add one for you though.

/CONVERTMODE2TOMODE1 <YES | NO>

'YES' will convert to Mode 1 and continue to save as *.ISO, 'NO' will rename the file to *.BIN.

Hello,

Is there a download for the version that has this implemented?  It looks like 2.5.8.0 that I've got is still the current release,

Thank you!

Not yet. It will be in the next release when it will be released. No time assessment.

Added: New '/CONVERTMODE2TOMODE1' command line parameter, enabling the user to auto-answer the prompt when attempting to save a 'Mode 2' CD as an ISO file (it should be a BIN file).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.