Loading projects and previously entered Label count

dbminter

I don't know if this would be considered a bug, but it is something I've been able to reproduce every time I've tested it.

I had a VIDEO_TS job where I had entered UDF and ISO9660 labels text.  I then loaded a saved Project file but I noticed something.  While the UDF and ISO9660 labels text was reset to blank, the number of letters on UDF and the "progress bar" that shows how much text is used/is available does not reset to zero until you select another Options tab like Options and then select the Labels tab again.  Then, the text number and bar are reset.

Sorry db, I've been unable to reproduce this.

If I load a project file with a different value in the volume label fields to what's currently configured in the GUI, the character count and progress bar get updated instantly.

I tried it loading an IBB with the volume label field being the currently selected/focused (and visible), and also with having switched off the 'labels' tab. The progress bar and character count changed straight away when the labels tab was visible and also when it wasn't.

Is there anything special I should be doing to reproduce it?

Try loading a Project where the UDF and ISO fields are blank, no text.  That's how my job is.  And, before you load the job, place the "focus" on the UDF field, i.e. place the cursor in the UDF field.  That's where I had mine when I load the Project.

I'd already tried that based on what you'd said in your initial post.... but.... I was loading the project via the 'load most recent project' option as it was easier :)

It works fine when doing that, but not when using the actual 'Load project' option. I'll will dig a little deeper now :)

I found the problem, it was due to the label control losing focus when the open/save dialog box pops up... but it wasn't losing it entirely, just enough for a certain bit of code to not get called.

When it totally loses focus the progress bar and character count get set back to zero. If it had focus, the progress bar and character count would have been updated when the project changed the value of the labels. Being stuck somewhere in the middle of the two, neither of those happened - doh!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.