Imaging whole SSD to HDD file location

Keifer332

I have setup up an SSD and HDD in tandum. I am imaging the whole of the 79.9 gigs of my SSD to a partition on my HDD. i have messages on the log that say it has skipped or been denied access from many file locations. Could anyone offer some insight as the why it would not image the whole SSD without issues?

No, ImgBurn just won't do it.  ImgBurn was never meant to image a partition.  And as long as files aren't locked down by Windows or Administrator privileges, ImgBurn can make backup copies of files.  However, what you want to do is best handled by a program dedicated to imaging a partition.

I have used Macrium Reflect for years.  I used to use Acronis TrueImage but it has never worked right since version 11.  The rescue media has failed consistently to work since version 11, and the rescue media is vital to restoring partitions.  Without it, you're pretty much screwed.  The rescue media would do things like recognize external USB's for loading backups, but when it started executing the restore, it would disconnect the USB HD!  :doh:  Epic fail as the source drive can't be recognized to actually read the source file during a restore.  And some rescue media just wouldn't recognize the external USB HD's at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.