How to open a .bin file

JohnthePilot

I have been sent a .bin file, but when I try to open it in ImgBurn it says invalid or unsupported image file format, yet ImgBurn looks for .bin files when I search for the file to burn to DVD. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

These are the contents of my log file:

I 13:49:36 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 13:49:36 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 13:49:36 Total Physical Memory: 8,387,064 KiB  -  Available: 4,454,576 KiB
I 13:49:36 Initialising SPTI...
I 13:49:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 13:49:37 -> Drive 1 - Info: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L BL06 (I:) (ATA)
I 13:49:37 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM

Edited by JohnthePilot

Many thanks for your reoly.

First, let me say that I've managed to run the file. I discovered that the existing  software has an update option that uses the .bin file. I would still be interested, however, to know why I can't see what's in the file. In additon to Imgburn I also tried Magicdisc, and that failed as well. The link is http://apps.tenvis.com/Download/JPT3815W/2013/firmware/x.4/IPC_V1.8_V1.7.25.zip

Oh please, ya don't need imgburn to open it or vcd to mount it. Firmwares are usually a special type of bin files. Check the instructions on the cameras manufacturers site. All u usually need to do is put the bin file on the root of the memory card and flash it from inside the the camera

Oh please, ya don't need imgburn to open it or vcd to mount it. Firmwares are usually a special type of bin files. Check the instructions on the cameras manufacturers site. All u usually need to do is put the bin file on the root of the memory card and flash it from inside the the camera

If you read my post above, you will see that I have already done that and successfully updated the firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.