DVDs play in DVD player but not PC DVD drive

WhiteG

My first post.

Have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and contained files which I have copied from the source disc.

Used cornholios guide "How to write DVD Video files directly to a single layer media using ImgBurn" which by the way is very nicely done.

Successfully created several DVDs (Memorex DVD+R) using the VIDEO_TS folder using the guide.

Discs play back fine in standard audio/video DVD player.

Discs will not play back on the DVD drive used to create them.  Get a message box with a (X) and E: Application Not Found.

Understanding that there is a lot of info on the site, did I miss something?

Where would the AUDIO_TS folder from the source disc come into play, if at all?

Thanks in advance.

Do you see the content in Explorer? What software player are you using to play the disc? Are you using some version of Windows (N)?

VLC should play the discs if you don't have Windows Media Player.

Video DVD only needs VIDEO_TS in reality but AUDIO_TS is there for the standard compliance. It can be populated if you build an Audio DVD though.

When I look at the burned discs in Explorer, I see all the files that were in the VIDEO_TS of the source disc.

System has Windows Media Player

Your questions prompted me to try to play the disc by clicking on the disc name in my DVD drive and selecting Auto Play which has a default, i.e., JR Music Center (my server software) rather than Media Player.

Just reset my default media playback app back to Media Player and now both source and burned discs autoplay as expected.  :biggrindance:

Thanks for jogging the thought process, Ian!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.