Multiple images from large directory

ghua

Hello!

I couldn't find an answer on forum so here is my question:

I have 12 GB folder full of pics that I'd like to backup on DVDs. I would like to store them on 3 separate discs, with immediate access to them (so I can browse files).

Right now ImgBurn offers functionality to make ISO from files and split it into multiple discs, which is not exactly what I want (it is one ISO split across 3 discs, I need three ISOs)

is it possible to do it using ImgBurn? I know I could divide manually that 12GB, but it is just tip of an iceberg - I have over 500GB more to process :(

Best regards!

With ImgBurn, you'd have to manually separate the files into 3 4 GB jobs.  Or 100 plus separate total jobs to accommodate 500 GB.

In fact, the only thing I can think of that would do what you want is some kind of backup program that spans across multiple discs.  Something like Macrium Reflect's file backup.  However, that won't do what you want because even though the backup spans across multiple discs, the files are stored in a single file name.  You won't be able to access the files on the discs like you want to.  You'd have to restore them to an alternate location first in order to view them.

So, I can't think of any backup program that would do what you want it to do.  Doesn't mean there isn't one, just not one that I know of.  Things like WinZip and WinRAR would do the same thing as I described Reflect's actions above.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.