Can ImgBurn duplicate my CD-G discs?

garfy2008

I have many CD-G karaoke discs that I want to make backups of in order to not have to use the originals (I prefer to have the backups damaged/scratched/etc. and I can just make another one to use.  I want to keep the originals stored away so that anytime I need a new one, I can make one.  Can Imgburn properly create an image and burn it onto a blank CD that would be playable in my CD-G machine?  Thanks!

I would say it would depend on if your CD-G machine plays CD-R's.  I don't know anything about CD-G's or their players, but I would think ImgBurn should just make a CD image of them and burn them as if they were any kind of CD.  Unless they have multiple sessions/tracks.  I forget if ImgBurn still doesn't support multiple sessions or tracks, I forget which.

You can always try reading a CD-G to image.  If it successfully reads to image, then try burning the image to a CD-RW.  If it successfully burns, you can see if your CD-G machine supports CD-RW.  If it does, then you can test the disc to see if it plays properly.  If the CD-G machine won't read it, then it either doesn't support CD-R/RW, doesn't support that particular disc's manfuacturer, or your CD-G machine doesn't read them for whatever reason.

Thanks for the info.  I know that the CD isn't a PC type format but I guess what I'm saying is that if Imgbrn will copy "anything" by reading track by track & sector by sector... that is making an exact duplicate image of the original then it should work.  I'd think that an image is an image whether in Mac format, etc.  I guess I'll download a trial and see if it works.  Thanks again!

A CD could have multiple tracks or sessions.  In the past, ImgBurn did not read multiple either tracks or sessions, I forget which.  So, it may be an issue if the CD has these.  Your best bet is, as you say, to just download, install it, and see.

Be sure not to get click happy during install or you may end up installing third party offers you may not want.  We get enough complaints on click happy installers.  :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.