Shintaro DL BD50 failing

JK71

Hi everyone, my first post here and obviously i'm not a computer expert.

Im trying to burn a40gb iso blu-ray file to shintaro bd50 discs, using a brand new liteon ihbs312 burner. Keep getting errors as per the log file attached. I've updated the firmware and tried a few different speeds, the log looks like its failing when burning to layer 1. i did research these forums and media brand seems to be an issue, so ive ordered some verbatims but they wont arrive for a week or so, is there anything else i could try? I have also tried a couple of different iso files with the same result.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ImgBurn error log.log

I'd hate to say it, but it may also be the LiteOn's fault.  LiteOn no longer makes Blu-Ray drives, I think.  And my only experience with them shows why.  It stopped writing to BD-RE's after 3 months and never properly wrote VIDEO_TS DVD+R DL's.  Other reviews of my drive also had it dying after like 2 months.  Plus, the last LiteOn DVD drive I had I had to return out of the box because it didn't work right.  So, I stopped getting LiteOn products.

But, that's just my opinion.  :)  Verbatims may fix your issue because I use them as my BD-R's without issues on LG and Pioneer drives.

hi lightning uk, thanks for the response, heres the log

I 11:47:11 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 11:47:11 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 11:47:11 Total Physical Memory: 8,379,080 KiB  -  Available: 2,554,740 KiB
I 11:47:11 Initialising SPTI...
I 11:47:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 11:47:11 -> Drive 1 - Info: ATAPI iHBS312   2 PL15 (E:) (RAID)
I 11:47:11 -> Drive 2 - Info: SAMSUNG DVDWBD SH-B083A SB00 (D:) (RAID)
I 11:47:11 Found 1 BD-ROM/DVD±RW and 1 BD-RE!
I 11:48:55 Device: [1:4:0] ATAPI iHBS312   2 PL15 (E:) (RAID)
I 11:48:55 Family Tree:
I 11:48:55 -> ACPI x64-based PC
I 11:48:55 -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
I 11:48:55 -> AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver
I 11:48:55 -> AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller (VEN_1002&DEV_4393 - ATI - ahcix64s)
I 11:48:55 -> CD-ROM Drive (ATAPI iHBS312   2 SCSI CdRom Device) (Bus Number 0, Target Id 4, LUN 0)

i also tried a burn with some cheap xcopy bd25's and that worked ok, so hopefully the liteon drive is ok dbminter?

So you've got some sort of amd / ati board there. I personally don't buy anything other than Intel. They seem to have less problems and better drivers.

Try booting into safe mode and see if it's the same. Also check the ati website and ensure you're running the latest drivers for the chipset your motherboard uses.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again, so i have the latest drivers etc, tried to burn a verbatim bd50 and it got to over 90% before failing with a similar error. Removed the liteon burner and installed it to another computer (intel) and its burning no problem, have made 4-5 discs so far. looks like this will be my first and last AMD computer!

Thanks again for the help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.