Noob unable to burn DVD disks

Supernaut

I am new to burning a disk and am having a problem here.

I am trying to backup a DVD movie so I can store away the original disk and watch the copy on a regular DVD player. I have followed some step by step instructions I have found online but this has not worked out for me.

I start by creating an image file of the movie disk. The image is saved but it seems fishy to me how this entire prosess takes only about 10 seconds or so and the final product is only 145mb.

Never the less I tried to burn this image to a blank disk at the speed of 4x. First attempt as an image to disk. This resulted in creating a frisbee that was in no way readable. The second I chose to "write files to disk" choosing my saved image. The result was mostly the same but with the added confusion that it asked me to insert second disk at one point. They are DVD-R disks but I am not interested in maintaining rewritability.

So where am I going wrong? I suspect in the ripping process for starters. Is there some option I have not checked? Am I being held down by copy protection? And if so how can I get around that? The movie in question says in the data that file was created in 1999.

Help Please

I am new to burning a disk and am having a problem here.

I am trying to backup a DVD movie so I can store away the original disk and watch the copy on a regular DVD player. I have followed some step by step instructions I have found online but this has not worked out for me.

I start by creating an image file of the movie disk. The image is saved but it seems fishy to me how this entire prosess takes only about 10 seconds or so and the final product is only 145mb.

Never the less I tried to burn this image to a blank disk at the speed of 4x. First attempt as an image to disk. This resulted in creating a frisbee that was in no way readable. The second I chose to "write files to disk" choosing my saved image. The result was mostly the same but with the added confusion that it asked me to insert second disk at one point. They are DVD-R disks but I am not interested in maintaining rewritability.

So where am I going wrong? I suspect in the ripping process for starters. Is there some option I have not checked? Am I being held down by copy protection? And if so how can I get around that? The movie in question says in the data that file was created in 1999.

Help Please

EDIT:

Sorry I just seen the rule about posting the log after writing all this. I don't have time to do that now, I have to go out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.