FYI:: Problem with download of 2.5.8.0

porjdv

In google chrome:

Access to this URL is currently restricted due to a blocking rule. Please verify the spelling of the URL before proceeding.

Rule: Block URLs of type Virus infected temporary block

In ie:

InterScan Web Security detected malicious code in your web traffic:

Action: quarantined

Infection detail:

-- File: SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe, malicious code name: ADW_OPENCANDY
 The uncleanable file SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe is moved to Quarantine directory.

Not sure if this is a false positive or not. Just thought you might want to know. regards, Jos

The latest download from the ImgBurn mirror did not seem to allow a custom install option to not install OpenCandy.  Other software within the custom install allowed a choice not to install.  I had to use Malwarebytes Antimalware (the free version) to remove OpenCandy:

The download hasn't changed from the day of release.

Opencandy can and do change their offer pages all the time ( dynamically). There should never be a version that has no method of opting out though... even if it isn't immediately obvious.

Oh and OpenCandy runs within the context of the installation program. It isn't something that gets 'installed'.

I must have missed something.  I'll watch even closer next time I install it.  Perhaps an easier way is to install it from an installation file that was created before you used OpenCandy and then just update it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.