possible unicode problems with .cue accents in recent wine?

Smiff

hiya! been happily using ImgBurn for a few years after you kindly fixed some bugs for me a long time ago!

Just got around to updating my linux systems from 10.10 to 14.04 Ubuntu.

Seem to have run into a bug, not sure if in WINE but i suspect so question is it a WINE bug, or wine setting, and/or can i work around this in ImgBurn settings? would rather not have to go through and rename all my old files and .cue files.

here's the error: (attached? hopefully!)

I have checked the .cue is correct and the file exists obviously. VLC native loads the .cue fine. Clearly it's to do with the accents on some characters (which are ok linux filesystem characters). What's odd is i never had this problem with older system, running same ImgBurn version, and have done much foreign music before.

WINE version 1.7.25

ImgBurn 2.5.0.8

Xubuntu 14.04.1 64bit

Many thanks hope this is all info needed.

post-42325-0-11139300-1410642432_thumb.png

sorry forget to say, the .cue is created by RubyRipper, the same app we always used to rip CDs before. i will try again with ImgBurn to create .cue. it would be best if it could accept .cue from RR, i don't think RubyRipper has been updated (0.6.2?) but may be an issue there?

thanks

ok, .cue made with ImgBurn works.

.cue from RubyRipper, resaved with Pluma txt editor also works!

so this is quite an easy fix (just open and save the .cue with text editor).

appears to be a RubyRipper issue, that is not creating .cue with proper character encoding.

sorry to bother you! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.