Artist tags not showing for custom compilation CD :(

budgie88

I'm trying to make some compilation albums for a mate. I created a .CUE file in ImgBurn: every track is set to "CD-TEXT: Tag", Default CD-TEXT (Disc / Track) is set as "Tag / Tag". For "Disc", I changed it to "Custom" and put in Performer: "Brad and Emma", Title: "Album 1", then burned the CD. When I opened it in dBpoweramp, the "Title" tag was showing correctly but the "artist" column was blank. I ripped 3 tracks from the album and all of them had wrongly set the artist tag as "Brad and Emma".

I then decided to edit the .CUE file in Notepad and change it from:

TITLE "Album 1"
PERFORMER "Brad and Emma"

to:

TITLE "Brad and Emma - Album 1"

with the PERFOMER line deleted. I burned the CD again and this time dBpoweramp displayed both Title and Artist correctly. This worked fine until Album 8: dBpoweramp shows "Metallica" (who are track 1 and track 7 on this album) as the artist for every song. The same thing happened for Albums 9 and 12, but Albums 10 and 11 worked fine! I've edited every single .CUE file in the exact same way, they all follow the same format, so why is this happening on some albums?

This is strange  :eyebrow:  I think i've found the problem.  If the Artist on Track 1 is only 1 word (e.g. Metallica), it doesn't work.  If the Artist on Track 1 is more than 1 word (e.g. Jimi Hendrix), it works fine!  This is consistent through every single album so far.

* Edit: or not.  I've tried burning an album where Stone Sour are track 1 and the artist is listed as Stone Sour for every track!

Edited by budgie88

I've attached screenshots of Album 7 and Album 8.  Album 7 shows up correctly in both ImgBurn and dBpoweramp.  Album 8 shows up correctly in ImgBurn, but not dBpoweramp.

This may sound stupid, but I have a new theory: it's due to the number of characters in the Track 1 artist's name. Albums with Metallica (9 characters) and Stone Sour (10 characters) at Track 1 don't work, but albums with Beastie Boys (12 characters) and Dream Theater (13 characters) at Track 1 do work. :frustrated:

post-54073-0-70189000-1413656030_thumb.png

post-54073-0-44909300-1413656040_thumb.png

post-54073-0-00150400-1413656048_thumb.png

post-54073-0-70713800-1413656056_thumb.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.