RW - No user prompts in middle.

Relentence

When using ImgBurn to record to a DVD+RW disc, this is how it generally goes:

1. I click on the start button, ImgBurn tells me it needs to erase the disc.

2. ImgBurn does a full erase. That takes about 15 minutes.

3. ImgBurn pops up a summary dialog, and I must click OK to start the burn.

4. ImgBurn burns the disc. That takes about 15 minutes.

5. ImgBurn verifies the disc. That takes about 15 minutes.

Ideally, I'd like to click the start button, leave and come back to a freshly recorded disc. With the way things are now, if I leave for an hour, I'll come back to a summary screen that I must click on before the burn will start. It would be really convenient if that summary screen could be displayed before the disc is erased. Thanks.

formatting the RW is a one time thing then click start the burn and verify are done automatically as long as you have verify checked in the destination box, you should come back to an operation completed notice .If you use cheap media then chances are the verify will fail

Yup, so the only problem here really is that you're having for format your DVD+RW discs fully each time.

If that's the case, your drive is either not doing it properly or another program / device is resetting the format back to the 'unformatted' status - which it/they shouldn't do.

ImgBurn supports 'direct overwrite' on DVD+RW once they're formatted so you'd get a prompt for that and then the summery one directly after it. You can of course just tell it to always select 'yes' on those dialogs by changing the settings.

Yup, so the only problem here really is that you're having for format your DVD+RW discs fully each time.

Actually, the problem is that I have 50 brand new DVD+RW discs. Once formatted, they work fine with ImgBurn. But it's a pain when using the new ones.

The other thing I found, is that any disc I used with Nero (even if I did a full format with Nero) shows up as "Formatted: No (Started)". So any old discs give me this problem as well.

It would just be really convenient to have all the dialog boxes displayed at the start of a burn, so I can leave and have it done when I come back.

That's because Nero doesn't format properly, it leaves it in limbo.

Things are done in a certain order and not all the info is known right at the start.... some is generated based on other factors (like the full size of the disc after erasing / formatting etc).

Sorry but you'll just have to disable the prompts for now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.