0 TB hard drive?

dbminter

I was at Office Depot tonight and saw one of the store's empty boxes for an external hard drive.  On its cover, like the other companies, this one had various labels that described its attributes.  The label for the size of the drive was a little confusing: 0 TB!  :o  I know they don't make 10 plus TB drives so what does a 0 TB hard drive mean?  It has NO space?  What use is that?!  :lol:  My guess is it means it's less than 1 TB as I've seen, still in this day and age, external HD's that are like 500 MB.

I don't recall checking the price.

I doubt it was just an enclosure.  It was with the USB HD's and I don't think my Office Depot carries such a specified type of product.

And I doubt it was 2 drives making 10 TB as it would say 10 TB instead of just 0.  I have to return those Verbatim Life DVD-R's Thursday so I'll try to remember to check out the box itself more thoroughly and see if I can glean any information on its actual size.

Actually, more that I think about it now, what you said about it maybe being just an enclosure is making more sense.

0 TB because there's actually no drive included with the package.  Just an enclosure to store one.  It would be the first time I can ever recall seeing just an enclosure at this Office Depot.  Though, it's not outside the realm of being the case.

Well, I remembered to check the drive again because I had to be in that same section.  :D  I think my USB HDD is on its last legs.  I had difficulties getting Windows to start with it turned on.  Once turned off and Windows started, I turned it back on and after some time, the drive was recognized and data reads off of it.  So, I decided to replace it and was in the HDD section.

Turns out you were right, LUK.  :wink:  It IS an enclosure.  So it says 0 TB because it does not contain an HDD in it.  Just the enclosure.  I'd, of course, say, they shouldn't say it has 0 TB on it because as an enclosure no one would expect it to have a drive in it!  :rolleyes:  0 TB just causes confusion, like it did with me.  :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.