Elevated Command Prompt

dbminter

Is there a way I can edit the shortcut for Command Prompt so that it always open elevated, as an administrator?  :unsure:

The way I do it now is I have to right click on the shortcut and choose Run as administrator.

Idiotic fuckers at Microsoft!  The ONLY time you ever run a Command Prompt is to ALWAYS run commands that you need elevated privileges for!  So, Command Prompt should ALWAYS fun elevated by default!  :angry:

Thanks!  That worked.

I somehow overlooked that option when I checked the shortcut properties before I posted this thread.  I didn't even find it under Security, which makes the most sense, to me, probably, where it should be.  :)

Do you happen to know if this advance setting is saved in the shortcut itself or only in Windows?  I ask because I think I had this setting in the shortcut options before on other versions of Windows.  I've used the same shortcuts across different versions of Windows because I have actually nerd tweaked my Windows so that the Start Menu is saved on a USB HDD.  (Along with my Desktop.  :D )  So, in theory, if I did set this option already, which I think I did, it wasn't saved in the shortcut itself.  This may mean that the option is stored in the Registry for this shortcut instead.  Is that such a thing?  :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.