ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

How Can I Make a bootable DVD of Linuxmint 17 iso file?

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warren66lorentz

warren66lorentz

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm new here and trying to make a bootable DVD of Linuxmint 17. I get stuck at the boot image part in advanced setting. I tried using the boot folder which contains a folder called grub in it which contains 2 files but nothing will go into the boot image space. Please help! Thanks

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

Doesn't one already exist that you can just download as a bootable ISO?

The only bootable Linux stuff I've seen was a file called isolinux.bin or something.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 warren66lorentz

warren66lorentz

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

I'd like to thank Admin for responding to my question. I figured out my problem and it was simply due to forgetfullness. I was trying to install Linux on an old, cheap laptop and forgot it only has a CD Drive so of course a DVD won't work. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users