Write Speed

iBurn

Dear,

I have Sony CD-R 1x-48x discs.
So use imgburn to burn an mp3 disc with 2x speed for my car thats need a low burn speed, otherwise it doesnt play de disc.

If i set the write speed on 2x and go to burn, it will burn it with 8.8x
I have one on my laptop..same
One with a Samsung DVD burner..same
One with a LG Blu-Ray..same

All write the discs with 8.8x.
I have change the settings on aut. write settings..where you can see the disc ID, have add 2x speed for that disc, but still it does it with 8.8x

Whats wrong ? The disc does not support 2x ? But it says 1x-48x ?

Please Help.

LG Slim Portable Blu-Ray Writer :
- Support : 10x 16X 24X

Samsung DVD writer :
- Support : 10x 16x 20x 24x

Toshiba Satellite Laptop :
- Support : 10x 16x 20x 24x

I think no support for 2x or 4x ?

Do u know maby know wich writer i need for 2x ? Can u please help me with this one...the radio/cd player in my vauxhall ( ncdc2015 ) plays also on 8x but many times it gives a CD Error, and with good luck it will play it. Many people on the internet tolds the cd' s must be burn at 2x and if it cant than at least 4x..if it can 1x but what driver supports that ?

Thank you.

You may have more luck with better quality discs. Get some Taiyo Yuden CDs and burn them at the lowest speed your drive supports. Different drives will also produce different quality burns on different discs, so you may find one of your burners produces a more 'playable' (on your car cd player) disc than the other two burners.

I have no idea which drives support those really slow speeds, nor on which specific discs they'd support them on. I haven't burnt at anything below about 16x or 24x (on CD) for 10+ years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.