DVD Media help!

shinyrory

Hey guys (sorry if this is the wrong forum or has been covered before).

I was thinking of getting the follwing media Verbatim (16x) Inkjet Printable DVD-R - 50 Tub. Dye Info: MCC03RG20, and before i went ahead with the purchase i would like to know if this would be good choice or if theres a better alternative out there? for the most part i want to backup my fillms but the dvds that i got down at the store keep failing. also what is the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r media and which is better? thanx in advance.

This is very good media, there is not much better around, go ahead and buy them.

There is no 'better', just different format, both good, just make sure your drive/standalone supports the format you choose.

goes back to a time when there were different (companies)people backing different formats nobody really won so we have both - and +

I have 250 of those discs and they are excellent I bought 200 for $54 at office depot I also have 100 or so +R's also great but the inkjet printable suit my needs when I want to do a cover with my Epson 960 cd/dvd printer :thumbup:

_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.1B (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information

Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

the difference is that the + is slightly bigger and with the DL stuff positioning the layer break can be done with +media but can't be done with -R the layer break is fixed .Verbatim is the only way to go for dual layer discs

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.